Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Looking for help with PL/SQL stored procedures
Looking for help with PL/SQL stored procedures [message #209419] Thu, 14 December 2006 14:09 Go to next message
nblack41
Hi,
I'm new to this site and to developing code in PL/SQL. Here's my problem. I have a web-based application that accepts user data (like name, project title, project abstract, etc). I am not able to submit my online form properly. What I mean is that if I fill in all my form fields with data that is 1 charater in length it submits fine...although it is useless. If I fill in the form fields with proper data like a name that greater than 1 character in length I get the following error:

Not Found
The requested URL ... was not found on this server.
Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.2.0.2 Oracle-HTTP-Server Server at ...

So I am confused. URL is on the server because the form submitted fine with data that's 1 character in length. Sometimes it submits with data that is greater than 1 character length, and sometimes I get the above error.

I have been unable to find anyone that has encountered this problem before. So if anyone here has an idea as to what is going on, please let me know.

Cheers.
Re: Looking for help with PL/SQL stored procedures [message #209458 is a reply to message #209419] Fri, 15 December 2006 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Welcome to this forum!

It might be a good idea to show us some code.
Like the post-details of the form and the signature of the 'catching' procedure

[Updated on: Fri, 15 December 2006 00:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Looking for help with PL/SQL stored procedures [message #209552 is a reply to message #209458] Fri, 15 December 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nblack41
Yes, some code might help.

Here is some basic sample code for the form:

PROCEDURE ADD_FORM
as
BEGIN
htp.p('
<html>
<head>
<title>Add form</title>
</head>
<body>
<form method="post" name="form" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="BDMI_T1.PKG_SCREENS.SUBMIT_FORM">
Name:<br><input type="text" name="name">
<p>
Project Title:<br><input type="text" name="title">
<p>
Project Abstract:<br><textarea name="abstract"></textarea>
<p>
<input type="submit" name="bt1" value="Submit Form">
</form>
</body>
</html>
');
END ADD_FORM;

and here is some sample code for the "catching" procedure:

PROCEDURE SUBMIT_FORM (name in varchar2, title in varchar2, abstract in varchar2, bt1 in varchar2)
as
BEGIN
htp.p('
<html>
<head>
<title>Submit form</title>
</head>
<body>
Name: '|| name ||'<br>
Title: '|| title ||'<br>
Abstract: '|| abstract ||'<br>
</body>
</html>
');
END SUBMIT_FORM;

As I stated in my original post...I can submit the form without any problems as long as my data is only 1 character in length. But if I try to submit sensible data (i.e. data that is longer than 1 or 2 characters in length), I get the error that the URL is not found.
Re: Looking for help with PL/SQL stored procedures [message #209557 is a reply to message #209552] Fri, 15 December 2006 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
Are you putting spaces or other odd characters in as Data?
Re: Looking for help with PL/SQL stored procedures [message #209578 is a reply to message #209557] Fri, 15 December 2006 11:35 Go to previous message
nblack41
There could be spaces in the data. But I get the error even if I just enter "sam" for the Name.
Previous Topic: case in oracle
Next Topic: Can I do bulk collect when using database links?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 14:09:12 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11553 seconds