Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Undo
Undo [message #209267] Thu, 14 December 2006 00:35 Go to next message
leo18
How to grab the sessions which are using maximum undo
or query which is occupying the undo tablespace?
Re: Undo [message #209290 is a reply to message #209267] Thu, 14 December 2006 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Via PM
Hi Frank

Can u Please help me from this

Please do NOT PM messages. Everyone can see your posts in the forum itself.
Re: Undo [message #209369 is a reply to message #209267] Thu, 14 December 2006 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dba_blr
Hope this will give the undo used per session

select sess.sid, sess.username, tr.used_ublk "blocks"
from
v$session sess,
v$transaction tr
where
tr.addr = sess.taddr;
Re: Undo [message #209438 is a reply to message #209267] Thu, 14 December 2006 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Via PM:
Hi Djmartin,

Can u please help me from this

Thanks

The fact you used by 'handle' and not my name speaks volumes. I rarely post in this forum, if I have at all! DON'T PM or 'Report message to a moderator' to draw attention to your question. Wait until the next BUSINESS day and then just 'thump' your thread with an update of how you are progressing with your problem. I know you are a newbie so take these comments as a learning experience.

Have you googled your question? By the way, I will not be reviewing your response as I don't normally 'inhabit' this forum. But the locals will assist.

David

PS You don't HAVE to press enter at the end of each line, the system will wrap text for you. There is a 'test' forum, have a go in it.
Re: Undo [message #209475 is a reply to message #209267] Fri, 15 December 2006 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leo18
Thanks ALL for educating me how to respond to the forum moving further But i din't get answer from any one except DBA_BLR.

Re: Undo [message #209477 is a reply to message #209438] Fri, 15 December 2006 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leo18
I could not get proper answer for my question from GOOGLE after that only i posted here.
Re: Undo [message #209607 is a reply to message #209475] Fri, 15 December 2006 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
leo18 wrote on Fri, 15 December 2006 18:48
Thanks ALL for educating me how to respond to the forum moving further But i din't get answer from any one except DBA_BLR.

...and you're lucky you got that one. So, did it work? Or were you hoping to get half a dozen alternatives and pick the best one? Rather than complaining, give dba_blr some public thanks by posting if it worked, or explain what happened if it didn't work.

Think about how much you paid to join the forum. Do you reckon you got your money's worth? I do.

The people who post responses on the forum are not paid; they are just regular IT professionals like you, except they like to help others WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE IT.

If you want courteous and immediate professional service, then post a message in the Marketplace Forum. You should be able to get what you want for somewhere between US$500 and US$1000 per day.

Alternatively, if you want free service, and you're patient, and you're prepared to type more than 18 word to get it; you could try reading this - it is the helpful hint at the top of the forum that you ignored earlier.

Ross Leishman
Re: Undo [message #209890 is a reply to message #209607] Mon, 18 December 2006 05:25 Go to previous message
leo18
Hi rleishman

I conveyed thanks to dba_blr(that day only when he replied) actaully that was PM thats why u couldn't find it out.I m not supposed to browse the internet when i would be in office.i checked the query but it was not working.i know that it is for free and i have to be poliete show patience towards.Might be my words sounds like rude but my intention was not that.i was in the state of urgency recently joined as the dba i didn't know how to tackle this alert thats why i posted some of the moderators.I Din't ignored Thats MAAHER HINT topic and i do read always Maaher's post and i do contact with him by PM's its so nice of him that he always responds he only suggested me to post it here.

Just know i have seen your post and replying
Previous Topic: copy data from old table to new table.
Next Topic: Ceil function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 02:12:42 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10970 seconds