Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Error Identifier 'GET_PRECISION' must be declared
Error Identifier 'GET_PRECISION' must be declared [message #209249] Wed, 13 December 2006 23:26 Go to next message
runaway
hi,
I'm seeing problem folowwing When open a report:

REP-0756:Warning: Unable to find PL/SQL library 'inv'.

Although I connected to Server database,
Then in 'Report Buider' I'm trying to run this Report(or compile) that be error above then see Error:
Identifier 'GET_PRECISION' must be declared. in function "F_IC_QUANTITYFormatTrigger".

function F_IC_QUANTITYFormatTrigger return boolean is
begin
GET_PRECISION(:P_qty_precision);
return (TRUE);
end;

note that: GET_PRECISION belong to library Inv.pll, I attached this library no suscess.
The present,I'm using Oracle9i.

Please help me!

Re: Error Identifier 'GET_PRECISION' must be declared [message #209446 is a reply to message #209249] Thu, 14 December 2006 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
babo
runaway wrote on Thu, 14 December 2006 12:26

REP-0756:Warning: Unable to find PL/SQL library 'inv'.[/color]

Hi experts,
I also get this error, However I have ever been attached "inv.pll" library but no success.

Experts IT,
Please,we expect your solutions.
Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 December 2006 21:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error Identifier 'GET_PRECISION' must be declared [message #209656 is a reply to message #209249] Sat, 16 December 2006 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
Hi ,

You can open and compile pll files in report builder.

If you open a pll file in report builder, it will show you file under node PL/SQL Libraries. Recompile and save pll file and attach it again with report and do not save path when it asks. Copy pll file at same location where you have rep/rdf files. It should work.

Bye
Ashu
Re: Error Identifier 'GET_PRECISION' must be declared [message #242664 is a reply to message #209656] Mon, 04 June 2007 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mduduzi
My PL/SQL Libraries node is empty and I would like to attach the pll files if only I knew where to find them.
I copied the report from the server to a client machine but have no idea where the pll files are on the server.
Any help would be appretiated

Kind regards
Mduduzi
Re: Error Identifier 'GET_PRECISION' must be declared [message #242765 is a reply to message #242664] Tue, 05 June 2007 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
javed.khan

While Running the Report Prabably in Error Message it Giving the Name of the Library File.If not then Better Open Report on Server and Look for the Library ...Name
icon14.gif  Re: Error Identifier 'GET_PRECISION' must be declared [message #467693 is a reply to message #209249] Mon, 26 July 2010 13:56 Go to previous message
valdo
Solução encontrada no Chamado da Oracle ID 337302.1:

Cause:
----------
The issue is caused by file inv.pll missing on client's PC under the path oracle/reports6i/BIN.
Solution:
------------
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:
1. Copy from the distribution CD or get a copy from Oracle Support or check under $AU_TOP/plsql.
2. Copy the file inv.pll to your PC under the path oracle/reports6i/BIN
Por valdo: Nesse caso a pasta onde coloquei a INV.pll foi C:\orant\REPORT60

3. Try to open the reports again in Reports Builder.
Previous Topic: Field orientation
Next Topic: Inserting values when running a report!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:19:32 CDT 2024