Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged)
Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #208484] Mon, 11 December 2006 01:04 Go to next message
Jeff's
can install developer 2000 & oracle in one machine having XP OS
Re: can install developer 2000 & oracle in one machine [message #208486 is a reply to message #208484] Mon, 11 December 2006 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Yes. Install the database, make sure it works, then install Developer.

which versions are you considering to use?

David
Re: can install developer 2000 & oracle in one machine [message #208517 is a reply to message #208486] Mon, 11 December 2006 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff's
Thanks David,Appreciated.. Cool
Will it work on XP OS & Oracle 9i & Developer 4.5 /6i
Re: can install developer 2000 & oracle in one machine [message #208539 is a reply to message #208517] Mon, 11 December 2006 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oracle 9i and Developer 6i will work.

I'm not sure about Oracle 9i and Developer 4.5.

Also, note that Oracle is not certified with XP Home edition (only Professional), but many people successfully installed it on Home edition too.
installation errors developer 2000 & oracle in one machine [message #209018 is a reply to message #208539] Tue, 12 December 2006 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff's
Thanks, But I've still some problems:-
I installed Oracle 9i & Developer 2000 form bulder for windows95/NT Module on XP Prof, installed oracle 1st & found it working fine after that I installed Developer 2000 forms 5.0 and it also worked fine.(Along with Reports,Graphics,etc)automatically SQL 3.3 was also installed. I installed Oracle on E: drive & Developer on D: drive.Each worked individualy but when try to connect to oracle it was asking to give the user name & password. I typed SCOTT & TIGER,1)Should I give the Database name?What should be it? While using the Oracle 3.3 individualy which installed automatically shows an error as "ORA-03121 no interface driver connected function not performed".The other oracle 9i have no problem 2)While trying to connect database through forms and shows an error "ORA-12154 TNS Could not reslove service name".Pls help out this issue in detail
Thanking You !
Re: installation errors developer 2000 & oracle in one machine [message #209030 is a reply to message #209018] Wed, 13 December 2006 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'tnsnames ifiles'.

David
Re: installation errors developer 2000 & oracle in one machine [message #209094 is a reply to message #208484] Wed, 13 December 2006 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kkinapps

Hi Jeff,

You need to specify the host string also while connecting to database thru forms. You can find the host string in your [oracle9i_home]>network>admin> tnsnames.ora file. Open this file in notepad and notedown the service_name value. This is the host string you need to mention while connecting thru forms.

Bye
KK
Re: installation errors developer 2000 & oracle in one machine [message #209113 is a reply to message #208484] Wed, 13 December 2006 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

hi,
ORA-12154 TNS Could not reslove service name".Pls help out this issue in detail

This error bcoz of you have more than one oracle home in ur SYSTEM that is why you have to set correct "TNS_ADMIN" enviourment variable to point correct tnsnames.ora file.

ORA-03121 no interface driver connected function not performed"

ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed
Cause: This message occurs usually because the Net8 driver is not loaded into memory or there is a mismatch of the version of the driver. A user program linked with an obsolete library may also cause this message. Only programs provided by Oracle Corporation should use this interface.
Action: If the message occurred during use of a program provided by Oracle Corporation, contact Oracle Support Services. If a user program caused the message, relink the program with current versions of the Oracle libraries.

i think it should be problem bcoz of enviourment variable to have to set all variable correctly and try again ...

hope this helps
Taj
Re: installation errors developer 2000 & oracle in one machine [message #209120 is a reply to message #208484] Wed, 13 December 2006 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amul
first of all you need to give your database name..you would have specified it while installation..and the next thing is the oracle service has not be started..you can start it by going to start menu--->run-->services.msc
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #211812 is a reply to message #208484] Tue, 02 January 2007 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

hi,
This explanation is confusing

Quote:

Thanks, But I've still some problems:-
I installed Oracle 9i & Developer 2000 form bulder for windows95/NT Module on XP Prof, installed oracle 1st & found it working fine after that I installed Developer 2000 forms 5.0 and it also worked fine.(Along with Reports,Graphics,etc)automatically SQL 3.3 was also installed. I installed Oracle on E: drive & Developer on D: drive.Each worked individualy but when try to connect to oracle it was asking to give the user name & password. I typed SCOTT & TIGER,1)Should I give the Database name?What should be it? While using the Oracle 3.3 individualy which installed automatically shows an error as "ORA-03121 no interface driver connected function not performed".The other oracle 9i have no problem 2)While trying to connect database through forms and shows an error "ORA-12154 TNS Could not reslove service name".Pls help out this issue in detail
Thanking You !

Anyway, here is my suggestion for what I understood.

Don't open SQL Plus 3.3, it is installed when you install forms 4.5. You'll get the no interface error as you described. Instead open SQL Plus which is instlled with the database.

Now check if you are able to connect to the database from SQL Plus. Use scott/tiger

Now if you are not able to connect the forms to the database and getting the TNS names error message, then do the following:

Look for tnsnames.ora file in your E: where you installed Database. It'll be in the folder named ADMIN.
Look for tnsnames.ora file in your D: where you installed Oracle Forms. It'll be again in the folder named ADMIN.

Copy the tnsnames.ora file from first location and paste it to the second location. I mean copy the file from Database Home to Forms Home.

This should resolve TNS names error issue.

Note:
If you want to install database, forms 4.5, forms, 6i, forms 9i, forms 10g on a single machine, follow this method

Install 9i/10g Database first.
Install Forms 4.5 on a different home
Check the connectivity
Install Forms 6i on a different home
Check the connectivity
Install Forms 9i on a different home
Check the connectivity
Install Forms 10g on a different home
Check the connectivity

regards,
Saadat Ahmad
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #211972 is a reply to message #211812] Wed, 03 January 2007 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
annu-agi1

can install on one machine but make home diffirent for all products .. and configure tns respective by database setting
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #220812 is a reply to message #211972] Thu, 22 February 2007 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahnazurs
Hi.
I am facing exactly same proble, but no solution till now Sad

i installed oracle 9i release 2 on windows xp professional then i installed form 6i in different home.

i copied tnsnames.ora file from ORACLE_HOME\network\admin to forms home NET80\admin folder....

Once i installed both i can see in the PATH variable both homes then bin directory....
ORACLE_HOME/bin
FORMS_HOME/bin
in these two locations you can find sqlplus.exe file, when i try to login from the command prompt like below

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

it is not going, instead it is coming to command prompt... if i remove FORMS_HOME/bin from the PATH variable i can able to do that...just keep this problem aside.
When i try to connect oracle from the forms it is giving error like "connect failed"....

could you please tell me why?
what is need to do to get rid of this?

Thanks.
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #224930 is a reply to message #220812] Thu, 15 March 2007 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have you solved your problem?

David
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #228731 is a reply to message #220812] Wed, 04 April 2007 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahnazurs
No not yet Sad
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #228736 is a reply to message #228731] Wed, 04 April 2007 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suggest that you uninstall and remove Oracle Forms. Get the database working via SQL*Plus. Then reinstall Oracle Forms (in a separate home of course), copy the database's 'tnsnames.ora' etc to the Forms version and try SQL*Plus again.

David
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #228737 is a reply to message #228736] Wed, 04 April 2007 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
I very vagely remember an issue regarding 9i in combination with Developer 6. I remember you had to install Developer first, and then the database.
But it might have been Designer instead of Developer...
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #235771 is a reply to message #228737] Tue, 08 May 2007 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahnazurs
Hi,
I have removed FORMS from the PC then installed again then i tried connecting. Not connecting!!!
once i installed forms then the path FORM_HOME/bin will go first in the environmental variable so i couldn't coonect to oracle via sql*plus.
Then i tried remove that path from the environment, then i can able to login
I copied tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora from oracle home to form_home/net80/admin
I tried connecting to oracle from form, no protocal...kind of error Sad
i don't know what to do now?
Could you please tell me one more thing, which tnsname the FORM will read to connect DB and then what is the use of sqlnet.ora file here?

Thanks.
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #236759 is a reply to message #235771] Thu, 10 May 2007 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you search this forum for 'tnsnames ifiles'? Did you get the database working after you uninstalled Oracle Forms?

David
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #241390 is a reply to message #236759] Tue, 29 May 2007 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahnazurs
Hi Martin,
It is not working still Sad

Thanks.
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #241401 is a reply to message #241390] Tue, 29 May 2007 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamran.it
Dear Please check this may be it can help you

uninstall Oracle database and developer and make sure you cleaned your registry also.

1. Install Oracle Report 6i (in default path like orant)
2. restart computer
3. Install Oracle Form 6i ( in same folder)
4. restart computer
5. install ORacle 9i
6. restart computer

Now plz check your 9i is connecting through Scott/tiger etc
if yes
then try to connect Form6i (Oracle for windows NT--->> SQL Plus Cool
may be it'll not connect then go to
\ora92\network\admin\

find .ORA file (listner.ora, tnsnames.ora)copy these file into
your form6i path \oracle6i\NET80\ADMIN\

plz try this.

Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #241431 is a reply to message #241401] Tue, 29 May 2007 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mustaf_82
always girst install Oracle 9i on your computer. no need to restart it after its successful installation, install Oracle 6i but do not forget to change its HOME. if your home for Oracle 9i Database is Orahome91, then change the HOME of Oracle Developer to Orahome81 or anything except Orahome91.

You won't face the problem if you change the home for both.
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #241878 is a reply to message #208484] Wed, 30 May 2007 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemavb
OK....

1) Forms first and then the Database ( especially if it is a 6/6i and 9i combo )

2) Install in two different HOMEs. Dont worry, as it is it wont allow you to install on the same directory/Home.

3) REMEMBER the details of the database installation while configuring it. You need to know: the SID, the HOST name and the Interface Name. In earlier versions the first and last used to be ORCL. Host name is the name/ip address of the PC. It is a stand alone machine you can also use 127.0.0.1 as the IP.
---- interface name is what you will use for the db name at the time of logon.

4) Once the DB is installed and running log in and check it it works. Use the system user, it asks you for password at the end of the configuration so use it.

5) Not go to the NET connections of the Forms shortcuts and define a new connection/database. NOT the DB Configuration wiz, just the NET configuration of D2k.
It will run and ask you for the Host name, Port (defa 1521), SID and what name you want to give to the interface. If you want to access the db and the forms with the same name give the same interface name.

Run the test. by defa test uses scott/tiger. change this user to system and the password that you had given for the db configuration. It should log in.

If it still gives an error, Copy the TNSNAMES.ora file from the DB_HOME/NETWORK/ADMIN folder to ORANT/NET80/ADMIN or ORAFR6I/NETWORK/ADMIN OR ORAFR6I/NET80/ADMIN folder. BEFORE YOU DO THIS PLEASE KEEP A BACKUP OF THE TNSNAMES.ORA FILE FROM THE D2K FOLDER.

If it still givs an error.. open the TNSNAMES.ORA file from the NET80/ADMIN folder in notepad. Go to the end of the file and type the following:

<dbname>.world =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS =
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = <pcname or PC ip>)
(Port = 1521)
)
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = <SID of the db>)
)
)

It should work now... if it still doesnt... check the CDs you got invalid stuff.

ENJOY. Cool
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #244016 is a reply to message #241878] Mon, 11 June 2007 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahnazurs
Hi,
Could you justify why we need to install FORM first? Because i have installed long back ORACLE first then FORMS, obviuosly it was running fine.
Now i can't do that after formating all stuffs:( I have installed windows service pack 2, will it be a problem? I just got fed up with these configuration !!!

Thanks.
Re: Installation errors: Developer 2000 & Oracle on one machine (merged) [message #244206 is a reply to message #208484] Mon, 11 June 2007 23:57 Go to previous message
hemavb
ok what u need to check is if your db and d2k's TNSNAMES.ORA are having the same config for your db connection.
Previous Topic: database function in forms
Next Topic: Alert problem in FORM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:40:35 CDT 2024