Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » what is the NOLOGGING effect on Table
what is the NOLOGGING effect on Table [message #20807] Fri, 21 June 2002 09:14 Go to next message
Nagesh
Hi guys,
I have a table which is very high transactional. I am not running my DB on archive log mode. My db is suffering with performance issue while doing some commits against this table. If i use NOLOGGING option against this table what would be the affect. Soppose if database server suddenly went down(due to some power problem etc.,) andy problem ?

Please Please help me out with proper info.

Thanks in advance.

Nagesh.
Re: what is the NOLOGGING effect on Table [message #20814 is a reply to message #20807] Sun, 23 June 2002 10:35 Go to previous message
Pablo Martinez
Hello Nagesh

> If i use NOLOGGING option against this table what would be the affect

Regular DML statements (insert, update, delete, merge) ALWAYS generate redo log and are unaffected of table NOLOGGING clause. If you user direct-load insert or SQL loader direct path, then you have benefits of not using redo log (better performance) but table becomes unrecoverable in the event of losing a datafile, for example.

Please post more information of your problem (size of the table, explicit locks, SQL statements against your table) in order to help you more.

Regards, Pablo
Previous Topic: insert
Next Topic: NULL column value loading in sql loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:06:20 CDT 2024