Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Pivot Query in Oracle 8i
icon7.gif  Pivot Query in Oracle 8i [message #205795] Mon, 27 November 2006 10:25 Go to next message
bhasmya

Dear Members,

I am posing another Pivot Related query. I already have

searched through this forum and asktom.com but am yet to

find an answer.

If I missed it 'mea culpa'. Please paste the link to the solution and I am sorry for wasting your time.

The Question:

I have a table with me which contains:
a) Unique id of students
b) Previous Date when an exam was scheduled.
c) Previous Grade that a candidate got in that exam.
d) Current Date when an exam was scheduled.
f) Current Grade that a candidate got in that exam.

The table is attached here for your reference. (It has both the sample raw data and the finished output)

What I want to do is a cross-tab to see how many students in Grade A remained in Grade A in this test, how many deteoriated to Grade B?
Also what is the count of the students in each grade?

This can be easily obtained in MS Excel or MS Access. The question is how to do it in Oracle 8i?

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
Kallol
[/COLOR]
Re: Pivot Query in Oracle 8i [message #205798 is a reply to message #205795] Mon, 27 November 2006 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cthulhu
It's not a good idea to post excel documents, as people tend to assume they're full of nasty viruses and refuse to download them.
Re: Pivot Query in Oracle 8i [message #205806 is a reply to message #205795] Mon, 27 November 2006 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcL
Well you might want to at least try doing your own homework before having others do it for you Embarassed
Re: Pivot Query in Oracle 8i [message #205941 is a reply to message #205798] Tue, 28 November 2006 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhasmya

Cthulhu wrote on Mon, 27 November 2006 22:02
It's not a good idea to post excel documents, as people tend to assume they're full of nasty viruses and refuse to download them.

Thanks for the sage advice. Will remember it the next time.

Warm Regards,
Kallol
Re: Pivot Query in Oracle 8i [message #205942 is a reply to message #205806] Tue, 28 November 2006 03:40 Go to previous message
bhasmya

MarcL wrote on Tue, 28 November 2006 00:03
Well you might want to at least try doing your own homework before having others do it for you Embarassed

Hi Marc,

I have done my homework. I could not find a solution either on asktom.com or here.

I just put that 'mea culpa' piece as a sort of insurance.

Warm Regards,
Kallol
Previous Topic: index by table to xml
Next Topic: A query required
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 15:59:05 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06601 seconds