Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » HELP ON validating CLOB and converting to XML
HELP ON validating CLOB and converting to XML [message #205153] Thu, 23 November 2006 09:19 Go to next message
angal_in
Dear all

I need you help for a logic

The case is: We have a CSV file which contains data as below

name,location,age,sex
mani,chennai,23,male
raj,mumbai,19,female
and so on...

i have to write a procedure which accepts the above whole data a CLOB value and and validate each and every record and return the count of record,error encountered in each row.

for example in below line

111,52266,mani,male --(we have three errors one in name,and in location and other in age(mani is not a valid age).

like wise i have to return the error count in each and every row.

also i have to convert the data into xml format.

could any one provide an help on this.

Regards
Angal
Re: HELP ON validating CLOB and converting to XML [message #205156 is a reply to message #205153] Thu, 23 November 2006 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
If I were you, I'd make this CSV into an External Table. That will let you do a Pl/Sql data cleanse on the data.
After that, you can use the various XML Db functions to create an XML view on the external table.
Re: HELP ON validating CLOB and converting to XML [message #205374 is a reply to message #205153] Fri, 24 November 2006 06:50 Go to previous message
angal_in
hi

i have a set of value in an index by table inside a procedure now i like to covert the data in the index by table to xml format is their any way to do this

kindly help me.
Previous Topic: Can we build condition using CASE in WHERE Clause ?
Next Topic: error while executing the procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 02 12:04:29 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16652 seconds