Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples
what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205115] Thu, 23 November 2006 06:20 Go to next message
shahintaj

No Message Body
Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205116 is a reply to message #205115] Thu, 23 November 2006 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
Probably not too many useful replies either.

Moved to Newbies.
Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205150 is a reply to message #205116] Thu, 23 November 2006 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Well, now there is an interesting question.

One of the main difference is, that "SQL" is much shorter than the other two.

And while "PL/SQL" and "ORACLE" are the same length, "ORACLE" might still be typed faster, because it only has normal letters in it.

For a more detailed comparison I will have to ask some Feng-Shui consultant or something.

Then we can also find out why the crocodile is greener than wide, and a hot cocoa tastes better anyway.
Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205278 is a reply to message #205115] Fri, 24 November 2006 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahintaj

Thanks guys !

but i still wanted to be clear abt this
if any one has a clear idea pls reply this msg tht would be gr8
Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205286 is a reply to message #205278] Fri, 24 November 2006 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
Your question is not meaningful.

It is roughly equivalent to asking:

What is the difference between a car engine, a car, and a chain of car showrooms.

Similarly, SQL is a class of languages for interrogating and modifying databases, Pl/SQL is a programming language incorporating Oracles version of SQL, and also providing loops, exception handling, procedural code etc, and Oracle is an enterprise level database that supports Pl/Sql and Oracle.
Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205305 is a reply to message #205286] Fri, 24 November 2006 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moparthy99
Oracle is collection sql and pl/sql/it is package

sql is a non procedural langauge .so any one can work in it when
he know the syntax tht command.

pl/sql is procedural langauge .u follow some certain rules.
declare part
Executable part
exceptional part
like i guess
Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205635 is a reply to message #205286] Sun, 26 November 2006 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahintaj

Thanks, fine i would ask u then
define PL/SQL
define SQL
define Oracle?

i ve got the answer thanks a lot..
Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205724 is a reply to message #205635] Mon, 27 November 2006 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pravin3032
i am trying to expalin here in short.
hope you will find it bit useful

Oracle – it’s database software, product of Oracle Corporation.
There is other database software like Microsoft SQL server, IBM DB2 etc in market.

SQL : Stands for Structure Query Language. It’s a non procedure language.Its used to manipulate and to interact with the data in the database.

PL/SQL: it’s a procedural Language which uses conditional loop, if conditions just like other prog language C++, JAVA.
Using PL/SQL you can create procedure function etc and you can
group multiple SQL statements inside a single block.

regards
pravin
Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205738 is a reply to message #205724] Mon, 27 November 2006 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahintaj

Thanks alot for u r reply
it helped me alot

Re: what is the difference between SQL ,PL/SQL , ORACLE ? i want with examples [message #205742 is a reply to message #205738] Mon, 27 November 2006 05:14 Go to previous message
Maaher
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/fa/448/0/

Closed.

MHE
Previous Topic: How to find a Nearly Duplicate Record in table
Next Topic: find character occurance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 14:53:20 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08378 seconds