Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » type_name for %rowtype
type_name for %rowtype [message #204218] Sun, 19 November 2006 02:50 Go to next message
milind.madhukar
Hi,
The type_name column in All_Arguments view contains the data type of the parameters of a package. Or the package name when the variable is declared in the package specification. But I could not find the data type for IN/OUT variables if they are declared as %rowtype of a table in the data base. Could any one tell me how to find the table name for an In/OUT parameter if it is declared as %ROWTYPE?
Thanks,
Milind
Re: type_name for %rowtype [message #204222 is a reply to message #204218] Sun, 19 November 2006 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
You cannot, as far as I know.
The only way you could 'guess' is by comparing all_tab_columns with the arguments with data_level 1 and sequences between the tab-type and the next data_level 0...
Re: type_name for %rowtype [message #207488 is a reply to message #204222] Tue, 05 December 2006 14:42 Go to previous message
milind.madhukar
Thanks for that info. Actually, I wanted the table name of which the %rowtype is declared. Now i am looking for COLUMN_ID in all_tab_columns and the sequence number in the all_arguments to be in the same 'order'.
If you have a better way to get the table name, please let me!
Previous Topic: How to get total of All the columns
Next Topic: Materialized View refreshed with invoker's schema
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 22:07:02 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14406 seconds