Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Taking Export and creating.dmp file online
Taking Export and creating.dmp file online [message #20514] Thu, 30 May 2002 23:26 Go to next message
Ambrish Sehgal
Can Anyone give me the solution of my problem......

I am having the running Oracle 8i Database. I want to take the export of the particular data from the enire database and create the .dmp file in one go only.

i want this since i want to embedd this thing in my program which is running on the web. this will help me in craeting the .dmp file from the single click only
Re: Taking Export and creating.dmp file online [message #20524 is a reply to message #20514] Fri, 31 May 2002 11:27 Go to previous message
andrew again
You can write a shell script and just call that from cgi-bin. No need to do it through a pl/sql call because then you need to invoke exp from pl/sql as an external call. That means you need either a DBMS_PIPE, java or external library.

Also - beware that the exp might take some time to run, so you might want to run it async rather than sync. DBMS_PIPE is async.

If you call it from a shell script, you can run:
'at now exp...'
Obviously you get a response back from the web page before the job is done, so you can't get errors from the exp. If you execute it synchronusly, you can.
Previous Topic: sqlplus for HP-UX 10.20
Next Topic: question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:29:13 CDT 2024