Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Slow create view statements - Please help it is urgent
Slow create view statements - Please help it is urgent [message #20487] Tue, 28 May 2002 18:29 Go to next message
Shirley
I have a script that would generate a lot of views and view only. It first drop, create and commit. This script used to take 2 hours to finish, but now taking 12 hours on our sustainment database with 20G data vol. I increased the SGA, turned on the big rollback segments. SGA is fine and hit ratio is good. But run very very slow. I ran the same script on another database that resides on the same server with small SGA and small rollback segments, it ran very fast. The only difference I can see b/w these 2 databases is the data vol. 4G and 20G. We have a lot of scripts that need to run on this sustainment database. With this performance, this database is not workable. Please help.
Re: Slow create view statements - Please help it is urgent [message #20491 is a reply to message #20487] Wed, 29 May 2002 02:43 Go to previous message
K.SREENIVASAN
HAI SH,

ARE YOU CHECK THE EXECUTION PLAN FOR ALL THE QUERIES?(SOME IDEA CREATE NECESSARY INDEX AND PROMOTE YOUR SERVER AS MTS.

K.SREENIVASAN
Previous Topic: Urgent...Listener problem with PowerBuilder connecting to ORACLE8i. PLEASE HELP
Next Topic: SQL statement help for date parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:17:21 CDT 2024