Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Table Audit - INSERT with Particular Value on Past date
Table Audit - INSERT with Particular Value on Past date [message #202341] Thu, 09 November 2006 04:00 Go to next message
mymot
Hi,

I have got 2 tables

TabA (S number, t number,r number)
TabA_history (S number, t number)

Now TabA_history table is populated with data every other week based on TabA,

now how can i find out the insert statement , which actually insert data into TabA_histroy where S = 1122 ????

TabA_history is based on TabA

TabA.S = 1122 then TabA.t = 999
TabA_history.S = 1122 then TabA_history.t = 999 (expected) becoz its history table of A.

But somehow different TabA_history.t value is inserted for TabA_history.S = 1122, and there is no document so i cant find out which script is inserting data .

I have tried to search INSERT statement using v$sql and sql_text but didnt get any success.

Any other way to find out which script or Insert statement inserted into TabA_history table with TabA_history.S = 1122

Thanks
Re: Table Audit - INSERT with Particular Value on Past date [message #202348 is a reply to message #202341] Thu, 09 November 2006 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
The query will only be in v$sql until the session ends, (unless someone else reuses the cursor) so that's not likely to help.

If you've looked in DBA_SOURCE for the script and not found it then it must (presumably) be an SQL Script run by a process outside the database.

You'll need to have a look at what jobs are scheduled to run from the OS.

Bear in mind, that this could be done from any computer that can connect to your database.....
Re: Table Audit - INSERT with Particular Value on Past date [message #202351 is a reply to message #202348] Thu, 09 November 2006 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mymot
i thought , oracle would record every transaction, and we could get detail of each transaction, but from your reply, its not the case.

Thanks
Re: Table Audit - INSERT with Particular Value on Past date [message #202354 is a reply to message #202351] Thu, 09 November 2006 04:48 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
It records all the changes made to the data in the Redo logs, but unless you're set up to use LogMiner, then that isn't going to be a great deal of use to you.

Oracle does not record (other than as transient data in tables like v$sql) the DML performed on the database.
Previous Topic: subset
Next Topic: Cursor advice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 07:10:24 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08030 seconds