Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » ORA-29850: invalid option for creation of domain indexes
ORA-29850: invalid option for creation of domain indexes [message #20387] Mon, 20 May 2002 14:28 Go to next message
Simon Ai
Hi,

What is the reason for the following SQL code:

SQL> create index keywords_index
on medline_citation( keywords )
indextype is ctxsys.context
tablespace INDX;

tablespace INDX
ERROR at line 3:
ORA-29850: invalid option for creation of domain indexes

Actually here the tablespace is there and the current account has enough quota on INDX tablespace. Could anyone help me out? Thanks.

Simon
Re: ORA-29850: invalid option for creation of domain indexes [message #20394 is a reply to message #20387] Mon, 20 May 2002 15:07 Go to previous message
Todd Barry
You cannot specify the tablespace in that manner when creating an interMedia index. Instead, you define a preference for storage and then refer to that preference in the 'create index' statement.

begin
  ctx_ddl.create_preference('mystorage', 'basic_storage');
  ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystorage', 'i_table_clause', 'tablespace tablespace_name');
  ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystorage', 'k_table_clause', 'tablespace tablespace_name');
  ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystorage', 'r_table_clause', 'tablespace tablespace_name');
  ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystorage', 'n_table_clause', 'tablespace tablespace_name');
  ctx_ddl.set_attribute('mystorage', 'i_index_clause', 'tablespace tablespace_name');
end;

create index ... parameters ('storage mystorage');

This process is described very clearly in the interMedia documentation.
Previous Topic: Re: SQL Count Statement
Next Topic: Re: SQL Count Statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:50:21 CDT 2024