Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import to remote server
Import to remote server [message #200839] Wed, 01 November 2006 09:51 Go to next message
manger
Hey all, is there anyway to import dumpfiles to a remote server?

I've got me a bunch of .dmp files (liferay, jforum, corendal wiki)from oracle 10g and I've been assigned a table-space on a new oracle server. I don't have any details about the connection to the oracle server yet, but I'm supposed to run these old tables on the new server.

The thing is that I don't have physical access to this new server, and I don't think I'll get SSH/termsrvr either.

Found a snippet of someone using the export command to export from a remote server:
exp dbaUser/password@remotedb owner=scott file=scott.dmp

Can I use the import command the same way?
Is there any other way of doing this? Perhaps using data pump, but that would require me to convert my existing .dmp files, which I don't know how to do either.

Tried searching, found a lot, didn't help...

Thanks y'all Smile
Re: Import to remote server [message #200840 is a reply to message #200839] Wed, 01 November 2006 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Yes.
imp user/pass@remotedb ...

should work. Just make sure remoteDB is a proper tns entry in your local tnsnames.ora and the remote listener entries are correct.
Search this forum and FAQ section.
You will find a lot of examples.
Re: Import to remote server [message #200841 is a reply to message #200839] Wed, 01 November 2006 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/134

Hope this helps.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 November 2006 10:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Import to remote server [message #200854 is a reply to message #200839] Wed, 01 November 2006 12:02 Go to previous message
joy_division
Additionally to what the others have said, if export file is big, an import across a TNS connection can be painfully slow. you'll need to know a username and password on the remote server to be able to import unless they want you to put it in SCOTT.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 November 2006 12:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: SQL*Plus Paths on Windows
Next Topic: 10.1.0.4 Windows - Datapump across machines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:22:48 CDT 2024