Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » CREATING TIMER (QUESTION)
CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #200507] Tue, 31 October 2006 03:19 Go to next message
ORACLE_JOR
HI GUYS .
HOW ARE ALL..?

MY QUESTION AROUND THE :: TIMER ::

I WANT THE TIMER START AFTER THE END-USERS STOPPING USE THE PROGRAMMES(FORMS) WHEN THEY STOPPED USED THE FORMS THE TIMER SHOULD FIRE ...

WHAT I NEED EXACTLY HOW CAN I CHECK THAT THE USERS DOESN'T USE OR MOVE THE KEYBOARD OR MOUSE ,,,WHO I CAN CHECK THAT ..????

AND THANKS ALOT ..

BEST WISHES..
HABBEH Cool
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #200525 is a reply to message #200507] Tue, 31 October 2006 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kbhujendra@rediffmail.com

Hi,

We can simply check by using Java bean.
Steps:
-->In one Block Create a java bean by cliking "bean area' in
forms Layout Editor.
-->Create When-Custom-Item-Event trigger of Bean item
DECLARE
	eventName varchar2(30) := :system.custom_item_event;
      BEGIN
	If(eventName='MAX_INACTIVITY_EXCEEDED') THEN 
	  Message('Maximum user inactivity exceeded!');
          Bell;
        End If;
      END;

-->In another block Create Start Timer Button. In
When-Button-pressed trigger Use Start_timer like below
set_custom_property('<blk_name>.<bean_item>',  
                            1,'START_TIMER','');

Here 1 means that 1 minute idle time.
--> If you want to stop timer
set_custom_property('<blk_name>.<bean_item>', 
                            1,'END_TIMER','');

If you want more will be helpful.You can download timeout.zip file
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/forms/index9i.html

Thanks,
Bhujendra
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #200539 is a reply to message #200525] Tue, 31 October 2006 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORACLE_JOR
THNKS

BUT THE DEMO FILE RELATED TO THE FORMS9i
AND WE NEED IT IN FORMS6i...

I GUESS IT DOS NOT WORK PROPERLY , AND WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THE FILE WITH THE 6I IT DOS NOT OPEN WELL FURTHUR MORE IT DISCARD SOME OF THE ADDITIONS WITH THE FILE SPECIAALY THE JAVA BEANS

IS THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS .

HABBEH
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #200558 is a reply to message #200539] Tue, 31 October 2006 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kbhujendra@rediffmail.com

Please follow above steps(in previous post) and create form in 6i.Concept is same.

Bhujendra
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #200784 is a reply to message #200558] Wed, 01 November 2006 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORACLE_JOR
i deeply appreciated your help

but this solution work on one form .. i have more than

5 systems every system have around 120 forms
how can this solution solve this problem ??
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #200898 is a reply to message #200784] Wed, 01 November 2006 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Consider putting the code into an object library, then inherit the code into each form.

David
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #200964 is a reply to message #200507] Thu, 02 November 2006 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORACLE_JOR
thnks sir

i try to do exactly what you ask in the code above in the
forms 6i but nothing happend no msg appear ....

I make tow block one of them have the JavaBeans
with the trigger

and other block with the button , have a trigger when button pressed
>.!.<
-

could you help me .

habbeh
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #201152 is a reply to message #200964] Thu, 02 November 2006 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Let's go back to the beginning. What is the problem that you are trying to solve? This is what I see: your organisation has five applications, with about 120 forms in each application, it is written in Forms 6i (I don't know whether it is running in client/Server mode or in 3-tier mode through a browser), and the 'bosses' want something to happen when the user hasn't done anything for a specified period of time (like 15 minutes). Now, is that 15 minutes since they have done anything in the application or 15 minutes since they have done ANYTHING on the whole PC (eg play solitaire).

David
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #201399 is a reply to message #201152] Sat, 04 November 2006 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORACLE_JOR
WE RUNNING CLIENT/SERVER

WE NEED ..
15 minutes since they have done anything in the application ??

BUT IF THERE IS ANY SOLVE FOR ALL THE PC IT'S OK ALSO
CAUSE WE ARE USING (98 & XP ) WITH A GROUP POLICY AND WE FORBIDDEN TO USE ANY WINDOWS APPLICATIONS ..

SO BOTH OF THEM IF AVAILABLE ARE WELCOMED ...

THANKS FOR FOLLOW UP
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #201554 is a reply to message #201399] Sun, 05 November 2006 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I see that your Caps Lock is stuck on again.

Have you considered writing your own screen-saver code and letting Windows do the timing for you?

David

[Updated on: Sun, 05 November 2006 18:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #201667 is a reply to message #201554] Mon, 06 November 2006 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORACLE_JOR
djmartin wrote on Mon, 06 November 2006 02:50
I see that your Caps Lock is stuck on again.

Have you considered writing your own screen-saver code and letting Windows do the timing for you?

David

Unfortunetly till now i didn't make like this program
if you help i will be glad...

and how to go inside the taskmgr and kill any process
like 'ifrun60.exe'

thnks alot Mr djmartin

best wishes
Habbeh
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #201807 is a reply to message #201667] Mon, 06 November 2006 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you search this forum for 'kill process' you will see http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/121717/67467/?srch=kill+process#msg_121717

What if the user was half-way through doing their data-entry? Is it acceptable that the process will be killed? Prehaps you should look at trying to time out the process in the database.

Search this site for 'inactive process', or google it.

David
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #201904 is a reply to message #201807] Tue, 07 November 2006 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORACLE_JOR
thanks alot Mr djmartin for UR patient

now the road is start to be simple ..

I got the way to kill process and kill it from task manager ..
and I think this is a good way

killtask /IM tasgmgr.exe

but the Big And Last Task Is How To make the Screen Saver
Start This Program Instead Of Starting Screen Saver ..????

I wish you will try to come up with me to solve the last Step

wishes the best Time...
Amer Habbeh
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #202018 is a reply to message #201904] Tue, 07 November 2006 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I think that you can write them in VB. You can certainly write them in C.

I googled 'write your own screensaver' and received plenty of hits. The first one http://computer.howstuffworks.com/screensaver4.htm pointed me to a page of software products including http://www.screen-saver-builder.com/ , the second google link was http://www.screensaverstudio.com/ and the third was http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/make_your_own_screensaver.html

Have fun!!

David
icon14.gif  Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #202297 is a reply to message #202018] Thu, 09 November 2006 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORACLE_JOR
the Big kiss for U ..

I feel making u nervous... but I'm very happy for the help
you support .. believe me i didn't find it in Oracle Forum..

About the screen saver code ..

I need a small code And In VB6 not in VB.net
to make as screen saver work or as exe file which is still in memory and listening to the keys and mouse event ..??

this what I need exactly .. and I still searching ...

I get a small light Of That...when I get the solution I will
give it to U As a gift.

Habbeh
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #202302 is a reply to message #202297] Thu, 09 November 2006 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you want to just do 'timing' in the Forms application, and not the whole Windows environment, then there may be another method. I think someone tried creating a 15 minute timer evertime they entered or left an item. They would create a new timer that would remove any existing timer of the same name and then create a new one of 15 minutes. If that timer was ever reached then if would do an 'exit_form'. But I think there are problems of what to do if the Form is either in Enter-Query mode or a record has been updated but not saved.

You might like to write a test form and see how it functions.

David
Re: CREATING TIMER (QUESTION) [message #202695 is a reply to message #202302] Sat, 11 November 2006 01:04 Go to previous message
ORACLE_JOR
Dear Mr David

Your suggestion was in my mind but it worked with one form not all the forms ..don't worry .

I think you made the best you can do , and i deeply appreciate
your help.. and it's very nice time i spend in this forum..

---

before 2 years I was in Dubai - UAE .. and i enrolled in USQ University which is An Australian University based In TOWOOMBA and had a branch in Knowledg village..

I finished the First Semester and I left cause my Father has a health problem ...
Also I have a friend in Australia he's lawyer.

I will still searching for and asking until I reached the solve see U Again with new case ..

Habbeh

Previous Topic: ORA 12560
Next Topic: Help:Creating Global Toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:02:34 CDT 2024