Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Oracle IMP - canceling a import
Oracle IMP - canceling a import [message #198178] Mon, 16 October 2006 01:07 Go to next message
GGGEEG
Hi,

We have 4 databases and we do regular weekend export / import from out live database to one of our development databases (different one each weekend). We depend on a external contactor when issues come up or when I cannot do the export / import due to other commitments.

Our contactor made the mistake of starting the import process (imp command) again after it had completed once. I cancelled the import but the our program that interfaces with the database could not retrieve any data. I was hoping that because the import had already run on the database that canceling the import would have no negitive affect.

Does the import process do something that requires it to complete otherwise data is not available?
Re: Oracle IMP - canceling a import [message #198226 is a reply to message #198178] Mon, 16 October 2006 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> Does the import process do something that requires it to complete otherwise data is not available?
You need to provide more information for us to start with.
Atleast Oracle Version,export/import statements used and log files/error files.
>>our program that interfaces with the database could not retrieve any data
How exactly? Is it failing with no_data_found or cannot find the object or what?
Re: Oracle IMP - canceling a import [message #198333 is a reply to message #198226] Mon, 16 October 2006 11:52 Go to previous message
andrew again
Comment: A common problem of running imp more than once without truncating tables is that you get duplicates in tables not having PK/unique constraints/indexes.
Previous Topic: Importing through Shell
Next Topic: Changing user while executing script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:36:52 CDT 2024