Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Temporary Storage
Temporary Storage [message #20045] Fri, 26 April 2002 05:15 Go to next message
LI810
Please help . How I can store intermidiate result in the stored procedure that has a pretty compex buisness logic? Required to have several intermediate result , update them etc .

I came from Sybase ,where the solution are temporary tables.

What can be done in Oracle ?
Re: Temporary Storage [message #20048 is a reply to message #20045] Fri, 26 April 2002 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
user cursors or pl/sql tables.
Re: Temporary Storage [message #20055 is a reply to message #20045] Fri, 26 April 2002 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike
I don't know what a Sybase temporary table is exaclty but there is also a Oracle temporary table:

CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE ...

Have a look in the documentation to find out if it's what you need.
Re: Temporary Storage [message #20066 is a reply to message #20045] Sat, 27 April 2002 04:25 Go to previous message
Amit
Hi

In oracle also we can use Temp tables which has exactly the same functionality as in the case of sybase.

In sybase u create & drop temp table everytime in the begining & end of transaction while in oracle u have to create only once and in the proc/funct u can populate those temp table.

Note: If u r performing multiple independent transactions on the temp table then before popoulating these tables delete/truncate these tables.

Creation of temp table is as follows:

create or replace global temporary table tname
on commit preserve rows
as(.......
.........)
Previous Topic: BLOB to file
Next Topic: Running a procedure every 10 minutes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:57:02 CDT 2024