Home » Other » Marketplace » Reg: Linux Career
Reg: Linux Career [message #196149] Wed, 04 October 2006 06:05 Go to next message
prashanth_gs
Hello all,

One of my friend is working in BPO (as a fresher), which the work is some what related with Technical domain, ie,
schedule and monitoring the job in Unix.

As he informed me the same, I asked him to concentrate on Unix skills in which he is working than learning any other programming languages (java, .net etc etc) to enter in to the software concern, so that he can achieve a very good career in Unix/Linux Platform.

Moreover adviced him to Join a course related with Linux Administration and to complete certification on RHCE (Red Hat Certified Enginner).
He started to learn Pearl Shell scripting too.

I just want to confirm that whether Is my suggestion is okay.

Will he can avail job in the same line by improving knowledge in Unix.

Any more suggestions.

Please advice.

Re: Reg: Linux Career [message #196185 is a reply to message #196149] Wed, 04 October 2006 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cthulhu
I'm not an expert, but .net skills seem much more in demand than UNIX at the moment. There'll always be a demand for UNIX, I suppose, but I'm not sure the rates are that good.
Re: Reg: Linux Career [message #196348 is a reply to message #196185] Thu, 05 October 2006 01:53 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Agreed. All the (L)users out there are chasing '.net' for some reason. Yes, have Unix skills, but if you want to get the big bucks you need to be a senior technical lead or project manager that knows what they are doing. And the 'doing' at the moment is writing applications, not running them.

David
Previous Topic: Oracle Clients in UAE
Next Topic: 4x Oracle Project Managers - Australia!!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 02:36:02 CDT 2024