Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » ORA-00020 maximum number of connections reached(80)
ORA-00020 maximum number of connections reached(80) [message #19988] Tue, 23 April 2002 00:14 Go to next message
Kung
I have a script which kicks of a large number of sqlplus jobs. each job executes a file containing sql
and ending in EXIT SQL.SQLCODE

Unfortunately many of the jobs get the following message
ORA-00020 maximum number of connections reached(80)

which would seem fairly straight forward except that
the script is set up to only run 20 of the jobs at once. ie Once 20 are running it waits for one to finish before staring another.

So I should only be using 20 connections at once - which is nowhere near the limit of 80.

If i change the script to only run 10 jobs at once everything gets through ok.

Does this mean that each sqlplus job holds multiple connections? Or are the connections held longer thn the lifetime of the sqlplus job?

anyone know what is going on here?

thanks
Perryn
Re: ORA-00020 maximum number of connections reached(80) [message #19996 is a reply to message #19988] Tue, 23 April 2002 06:07 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
typically,
each job is logging into the database as a user. once the job is done, it logout properly.
or 'CLOSE THE SESSION'.
else the threshold limit set for the open_cursors,maxmimum sessions per user and maximum
simulataneous connections will execeed.
Previous Topic: plz help me in knowing clearly of what is deferrable intially deferrable
Next Topic: Re: how to retrieve top 3 salaries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:52:33 CDT 2024