Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Invalid objects across database links, called by Java app
Invalid objects across database links, called by Java app [message #195423] Thu, 28 September 2006 09:31 Go to next message
helendavy
Hi - it's my first post so hope you can follow the issue. I've searched the forums but can't find anything quite like this - again, apologies if I've missed it.

It's happening in test environments, not live. I think (hope?) this will not happen in live as our releases are done out of hours.

We have a database (A) with a plsql table defined at package level (b.table). Another database (C) has a link to A, and a package (d) in C references b.table@A. Package d is called by a Java app. As it's a test environment, code is recompiled fairly frequently. If a connection from the Java app shared pool is referencing package d in C at the same time as the package b in A is compiled, the following happens. Package b is valid; package d becomes invalid. Package d cannot be made valid by compiling it - there are no compile errors, but the status will not change from invalid to valid.

We have checked for latches, waits and locks across the database link but there aren't any. The only way we have found to fix the problem is to bounce database C but this seems a bit drastic. Has anyone seen this before? and is there a kinder way to resolve the issue?
Many thanks in advance
Helen
Re: Invalid objects across database links, called by Java app [message #195436 is a reply to message #195423] Thu, 28 September 2006 10:44 Go to previous message
andrew again
I haven't experienced the error, but you could try closing the DB link if it's open and trying again.

alter session close database link <linkname>

execute immediate 'alter session close database link <linkname>';

Also - do a google on "remote_dependencies_mode"
Previous Topic: Notify when message arrives in multi-consumer queue in Oracle 8i
Next Topic: Using Bind with IN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 00:36:39 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07178 seconds