Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Creating table/index scripts fails on one server and works on one
Creating table/index scripts fails on one server and works on one [message #195048] Tue, 26 September 2006 14:07 Go to next message
rusty_ryan
I have a set big of scripts, not sure how many, that a software runs to create database tables and other stuff required for the application. However the scripts fall out on one server when it tries to create index on certain table saying it could not find the table. And the script wouldn't have had the table created. However the same scripts work just fine on another server.

Any ideas what could this be? All inputs much appreciated.

Cheers!
Re: Creating table/index scripts fails on one server and works on one [message #195054 is a reply to message #195048] Tue, 26 September 2006 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Actual Oracle error message would mean more than your description (so I'll guess that you saw ORA-00942 error); I'd say that there must be another error message which could help why the TABLE wasn't created; INDEX creation error is just a consequence, and cause happened earlier in the script. So, can you find it?
Re: Creating table/index scripts fails on one server and works on one [message #195203 is a reply to message #195048] Wed, 27 September 2006 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rusty_ryan
Yes thats right. Table or view doesnot exist is the error the application logs. As I the application runs a number of scripts in order to create the required database. The application runs quite a big number of scripts in a specific order; this is unfortunately is defined in the code, and hence its not possible for me to pick these scripts up and run them to create the database tables/sp/...etc etc manually.

Are there any logs on the server that I can refer that might be loggin these issues? Alert log doesnt seem to recording this. Is there anyway I can trace a db user to find out more details?
Re: Creating table/index scripts fails on one server and works on one [message #195598 is a reply to message #195048] Fri, 29 September 2006 10:36 Go to previous message
rusty_ryan
Can anyone tell me if there is any log file that I can enable to record all the SQL fired by the user along with a feedback(successfully completed or not; if not - the error msgs) along with all the DDL, DML, everything.... and their feedbacks.

The user is configured on an ODBC and used by an application; that runs number of to create the database. Can I spool this user somehow?
Previous Topic: input truncated to 13 characters (CR??)
Next Topic: update one table from another table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 00:35:13 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.19434 seconds