Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Where is my table stored?
Where is my table stored? [message #193423] Sat, 16 September 2006 11:09 Go to next message
Jacques
Hey guys. I created a new table "test" through SQLPlus. I want to know how can I view it through the enterprise manager. Also, is the table stored in a separate file like access db files(.mbd)? If so, than where is it stored and how can I access it. Thanks.
Re: Where is my table stored? [message #193426 is a reply to message #193423] Sat, 16 September 2006 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Liza79
Quote:

I want to know how can I view it through the enterprise manager.

Just connect the EM and under the users node find your user through you created the Table, and expand that user, you will see tables owned by him.

The tables are stored in DBF files for oracle, you cannot access it directly from the filesystem, you just connect with your schema , write a query on the table and leave the rest on oracle, it knows where is the table and how to access it.
Re: Where is my table stored? [message #193445 is a reply to message #193423] Sat, 16 September 2006 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacques
BTW I am using Oracle 9i. When I click on plus next to my service name, it displays the Instance, Schema, Security, Storage, Distributed, Warehouse, Workspace and XML Database nodes. I can't find the names of the tables. Where are they?
Re: Where is my table stored? [message #193473 is a reply to message #193445] Sun, 17 September 2006 12:49 Go to previous message
aorehek
Tables are stored in logical structures named tablespaces. Each tablespace consists of one or many physical structures named datafiles. And your table is in there.

In your sqlplus you can retrive all needed informations regarding tables and other oracle objects via views like dba_tables, user_table, dba_objects, ...

In EM you can find your table and all attributes under schema node.
Previous Topic: question about "set termout off" and "java stored procedure "
Next Topic: Query on Outer Join
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 09:08:24 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.19008 seconds