Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Changing backend of Crystal from SQL Server to Oracle
Changing backend of Crystal from SQL Server to Oracle [message #191852] Fri, 08 September 2006 06:53 Go to next message
Debanjan_chat
Hi,

We have some reports developed in Crystal Reports with MS SQl Server at backend. We are now migrating to Oracle 9i DB. The table and view names together with their structure would continue remaining the same in both the databases.

What do we need to do to ensure that same reports continue working with Oracle 9i??

- For the crystal reports based upon crystal-generated SQL, we intend to do following.

1) Disable existing ODBC connections, which point to SQL Server
2) Create new ODBC connection with Oracle driver, pointing to Oracle DB
3) Replace ODBC connections in reports
4) Recompile the crystal reports

Would these steps be adequate enough to solve our purpose, or do we need to change any report queries, parameters, etc?

Regards.
Re: Changing backend of Crystal from SQL Server to Oracle [message #191857 is a reply to message #191852] Fri, 08 September 2006 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JSI2001
This is a Crystal Reports question, not really an Oracle question.
Try a CR forum
Re: Changing backend of Crystal from SQL Server to Oracle [message #192045 is a reply to message #191852] Sun, 10 September 2006 08:37 Go to previous message
markmal
> or do we need to change any report queries

It depends on a queries. Oracle syntax differs from MS in some places.
For example Oracle will not accept square brackets, i.e. [OBJECTNAME] syntax. Some functions have different names and parameters, like SYSDATE with getdate()... etc...

When you will test you will see.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 September 2006 08:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Can we use cursors in triggers
Next Topic: auto increment column on view or materialized view.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 03:55:43 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08119 seconds