Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » oracle 8i documentation.
oracle 8i documentation. [message #191773] Fri, 08 September 2006 01:59 Go to next message
charankarthikeyan
hi,

i'm learning oracle 8i with 75% completed, while i referred these sites ,

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/.

http://www.orafaq.com/links/Technical_Resources/Manuals.

i'm stuck from where to navigate , well to become a developer in oracle 8i which documentation should i refer for clarification, assistance pls

karthik
Re: oracle 8i documentation. [message #191785 is a reply to message #191773] Fri, 08 September 2006 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
You need to speed up. Oracle 10g Release 2 is out quite a while now. And documentation alone is not sufficiant, you also need hands on experience. Install a local database. Oracle XE is 200MB and available to the public to download.

MHE
Re: oracle 8i documentation. [message #191799 is a reply to message #191773] Fri, 08 September 2006 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charankarthikeyan
hi MHE,

I'm already having oracle 9i installed in my system and referring Oracle 9i complete reference, as a developer is this sufficient to learn, because i want to pursue a carrer in Data warehousing having oracle as the Target Database. B'cos the links have so many flavours of oracle like Database, Application server, Enterprise manager etc so pls assist me which documentation should i follow up regarding getting references, whether sql, & pl/sql is fine or i have to familiarize with the entire flavours.

assistance pls
karthik
Re: oracle 8i documentation. [message #191825 is a reply to message #191799] Fri, 08 September 2006 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
SQL and PL/SQL are essential if you want to do anything with Oracle. Warehousing is a concept, not a new programming language/technology.
>>as a developer is this sufficient to learn
Depends where you land on your Job.
Start with just database skills (sql,pl/sql coding etc).
In due time, you need to understand more about writing better code,sql tuning etc. In order to execute your tasks in a better fashion oracle has many many tools. Get familarize with them.
Application server is a different world. Enterprise manager is just
a tool to maintain the databases.
As Maaher said, spend time in 10g.
All relevant documentation is here
http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/homepage
Re: oracle 8i documentation. [message #191859 is a reply to message #191773] Fri, 08 September 2006 07:12 Go to previous message
charankarthikeyan
hi,

thank u very much for your suppport & to MHE.

with warm wishes
karthik
Previous Topic: Exception handling
Next Topic: Transfor FOR LOOP in single INSERT statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 12:33:51 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12388 seconds