Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-03113 on 10g (10.2.0.2) - worked fine on 9.2.0.7
ORA-03113 on 10g (10.2.0.2) - worked fine on 9.2.0.7 [message #191493] Wed, 06 September 2006 11:33 Go to next message
sebastianR
Messages: 33
Registered: August 2005
Member
Hi there,

anyone here knows why we receive ORA-03113 when trying to execute the following statement?

Check it out, it worked fine before we installed oracle 10g 10.2.0.2:
The same bug appeared when we used oracle 9.2.0.6 and it was resolved in the patch to 9.2.0.7!

DECLARE
   l_test      VARCHAR2(2000);
   i_xml_msg   XMLTYPE;
BEGIN
   i_xml_msg    :=
      XMLTYPE('<SomeNode>'
              || '<SomeInfo><ABC>de</ABC><User>XY</User></SomeInfo>'
              || '<SomeNode_First>'
              || '<Name>'
              || 'TEST1'
              || '</Name>'
              || '</SomeNode_First>'
              || '</SomeNode>');
   SELECT EXTRACTVALUE(column_value, 'Name') NAME
     INTO l_test
     FROM TABLE(XMLSEQUENCE(i_xml_msg));
END;


I hope there is no typo since i changed the xml-node names. Please let me know if on your platform the code above works, and what kind of version you have of Oracle 10g.

I'm pretty sure this is a (known) bug, since it appeared in Oracle9i already, but I wonder, is there a workaround or a patch to resolve this problem?

Any help is very much appreciated,

nice day,

Sebastian
Re: ORA-03113 on 10g (10.2.0.2) - worked fine on 9.2.0.7 [message #191499 is a reply to message #191493] Wed, 06 September 2006 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sebastianR
Messages: 33
Registered: August 2005
Member
additional info:

after checking my trace file in USER_DUMP_DEST I encountered the following more precisely error:

*** 2006-09-06 19:29:21.438
ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-07445: Exception aufgetreten: CORE Dump [ACCESS_VIOLATION] [_qmxtrIsRewritableOpr+43] [PC:0x2232F8B] [ADDR:0x0] [UNABLE_TO_READ] []
Current SQL statement for this session:
SELECT EXTRACTVALUE(COLUMN_VALUE, 'Name') NAME FROM TABLE(XMLSEQUENCE(:B1 ))
----- PL/SQL Call Stack -----
  object      line  object
  handle    number  name
1D4E5D78        14  anonymous block



Thank you very much in advance,

every help is very much appreciated,

Sebastian
Re: ORA-03113 on 10g (10.2.0.2) - worked fine on 9.2.0.7 [message #199430 is a reply to message #191499] Tue, 24 October 2006 04:44 Go to previous message
sebastianR
Messages: 33
Registered: August 2005
Member
Problem solved!

This is indeed a difference between the two oracle versions mentioned.

To get my code to work on 10g, I had to change it like this:

DECLARE
   l_test      VARCHAR2(2000);
   i_xml_msg   XMLTYPE;
BEGIN
   i_xml_msg    :=
      XMLTYPE('<SomeNode>'
              || '<SomeInfo><ABC>de</ABC><User>XY</User></SomeInfo>'
              || '<SomeNode_First>'
              || '<Name>'
              || 'TEST1'
              || '</Name>'
              || '</SomeNode_First>'
              || '</SomeNode>');
   SELECT EXTRACTVALUE(column_value, 'SomeNode/SomeNode_First/Name') NAME
     INTO l_test
     FROM TABLE(XMLSEQUENCE(EXTRACT(i_xml_msg, '/')));
END;
Previous Topic: Database Minimum Build
Next Topic: Upgrading 9.2 to 10.2 without data loss
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Dec 07 20:42:37 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.28061 seconds