Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » How To Extract Conditional Data From Oracle Table To Binary File.
How To Extract Conditional Data From Oracle Table To Binary File. [message #191173] Tue, 05 September 2006 01:59 Go to next message
weekend79

Hi

I use DTS (MS SQL Server Data Transfer Service) to extract data from oracle table in a binary file. It’s a piece of cake and most importantly it support where clause.

But is there any build in or additional component of oracle using which I can do the same?

Wishes
Jawad

Re: How To Extract Conditional Data From Oracle Table To Binary File. [message #191248 is a reply to message #191173] Tue, 05 September 2006 07:13 Go to previous message
rleishman
What is the format of your binary file?

If you want to use - say - C struct records, you could write a simple extract in Pro*C. You could achieve something similar with Perl::DBI.

The out-of-the-box extract tools, SQL*Plus, Export, and Data Pump, do not support user-defined binary output formats, although I'm sure you could wrangle something with SQL*Plus if you were clever enough - you would have to convert all of the integer and floats manually.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: ORA-00054
Next Topic: Marked columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 08:14:40 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05136 seconds