Home » RDBMS Server » Security » problem with password verify function
problem with password verify function [message #189948] Mon, 28 August 2006 12:52 Go to next message
sasa_mn
I have problem with function for password verification, called verify_function (file $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlpwdmg.sql). Value for variable old_password is always NULL and because of that check if the password differs from the previous password by at least 3 letters doesn't work correct. Can you tell me what is the problem? Why is old_password always NULL?

This is happend when I connect as sys user and tried to change password for wmsys (or any other user):

conn / as sysdba
alter user wmsys identified by new_password replaced old_password;

or

conn / as sysdba
passw wmsys

When I connect as sys user then old_password in verify_function for all users is NULL. Why?

Thanks,
Sasa
  • Attachment: utlpwdmg.sql
    (Size: 5.77KB, Downloaded 1545 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 29 August 2006 04:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem with password verify function [message #190358 is a reply to message #189948] Wed, 30 August 2006 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sasa_mn
This is happend when I connect as sys user and tried to change password for wmsys (or any other user):

conn / as sysdba
alter user wmsys identified by new_password replaced old_password;

or

conn / as sysdba
passw wmsys

When I connect as sys user then old_password in verify_function for all users is NULL. Why?

Thanks,
Sasa
Re: problem with password verify function [message #190365 is a reply to message #189948] Wed, 30 August 2006 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
reported

Reported By: sasa_mn On: Wed, 30 August 2006 13:15 In: RDBMS Server » Security » problem with password verify function
Reason I need solution
Don't do that. Reporting is not meant for getting attention. http://www.orafaq.com/forum/fa/596/0/

MHE
Re: problem with password verify function [message #190683 is a reply to message #190365] Thu, 31 August 2006 14:00 Go to previous message
sasa_mn
OK. Sorry... Wink
Previous Topic: LogMiner doesn't show username
Next Topic: Is it possible to enable roles from after logon database trigger?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:15:10 CDT 2024