Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Alter Materialized View on prebuilt table
icon5.gif  Alter Materialized View on prebuilt table [message #189664] Fri, 25 August 2006 08:46 Go to next message
mexican
Hi All,

I am having to change a materialized view based on a prebuilt table to add some new columns for a business requirement. Do I need to drop the materialized view, alter the table that remains, that it was based on, then create the materialized view again (on prebuilt table) with the additional columns>?

is there any concerns I should have about doing this as its a large table 10 of millions of records.

cheers
Rob
Re: Alter Materialized View on prebuilt table [message #263393 is a reply to message #189664] Wed, 29 August 2007 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hasan_uiu

hi,

you do not need to drop the table or the materialized view.

alter the table and add the new column ... same to the materialized view.
Re: Alter Materialized View on prebuilt table [message #263583 is a reply to message #263393] Thu, 30 August 2007 08:01 Go to previous message
joy_division
Dude, you may want to check the questions you are answering. This one is over 1 year old.
It's nice that you are looking for unanswered threads to answer, but some/most might be very old.
Previous Topic: oracle database 10g express edition installation - error
Next Topic: i need help due_date query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 05:25:13 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.18838 seconds