Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Finding Error Line Numbers in 9i
Finding Error Line Numbers in 9i [message #189429] Thu, 24 August 2006 10:02 Go to next message
annagel
I have been looking around for a hard answer to this question, and I am pretty sure I have one, but as I don't really like the answer I am posting here just to make sure I am not reading this wrong.

In exception handling is there a way to identify on which line the exception occurred? I know if I do not handle the exception this information is displayed to me when the error propagates out of the call....but I have not been able to find a way to do this inside my exception handlers. As a result when I have an error's in functions were I am doing a lot I usually end up just commenting the error handlers out so I can pin down the exception. This does not really seem like the best approach.

I have found reference to this in 10g and implication...strong implication...that it is not possible in 9i. Am I reading this right? Or is there a way to accomplish this short of disabling error handling or inserting markers into my code to tell the handler what I was doing when the error occurred.

Andrew
Re: Finding Error Line Numbers in 9i [message #189431 is a reply to message #189429] Thu, 24 August 2006 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gbarbisan
Maybe this will help... (thx to T. Kyte again!).

G.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2006 10:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Finding Error Line Numbers in 9i [message #189441 is a reply to message #189431] Thu, 24 August 2006 10:36 Go to previous message
annagel
That is a workable solution, my question more curios now is that since for us to get the trace dump we need to enable tracing as some level, why does the dbms not need to do this to get the same information?

Andrew
Previous Topic: Store a text file into CLOB column
Next Topic: exec a procedure?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 20:19:23 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13493 seconds