Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Hyperlink in forms
Hyperlink in forms [message #188938] Tue, 22 August 2006 08:51 Go to next message
orafan2003
The requirement is like this:

We have 2 forms Tasklist and Taskdetails. Taskdetails is based on a table whereas Tasklist is not.

1) When I click on the Tasknumber of Tasklist form, it should open the Taskdetails form with details regarding the particulat task number.
Now I want to have a hyperlink on Task number so that clicking on it would take me to the second form. Each item of the Task number column should have a hyperlink.
Is this possible? If so, Can you guide me.

2) I designed the Tasklist form but we do not want the values to be shown in text items, they should be shown as labels like the way we see values in reports. How can I achieve this?

Kindly guide me.

Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #189333 is a reply to message #188938] Thu, 24 August 2006 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_am2002
One thing you can do is create a rectangle ..white colored..then place your hyperlink items(text_items) in this rectangle..set items property to display item and bevel to none..remember..items background color shud be white..then you assign value to ur display items..which will ack as labels on the screen..then you can write triggers for this item such as when-mouse-enter..in this you set application property of cursor_style to 'hand' ..then you write trigger when-mouse-leave in this you set application cursor_style to normal...in
when-mouse-clicked trigger you can put your navigation code...hope answer the question well..
Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #189363 is a reply to message #188938] Thu, 24 August 2006 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Hi,
Your idea of hyperlink is great..But I have a problem...I am working on Forms 10g and I observed that when_mouse_enter and when_mouse_leave are not getting fired. Instead I tried using when_mouse_down and when_mouse_up...but I am not happy with them...because they work only if I click, I want the 'HAND' to come up as soon as the cursor is on the text_item . Is there any other solution?
Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #189737 is a reply to message #188938] Sat, 26 August 2006 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sameer_am2002
Just a thought...Maybe it helps you..don't know..
You create a tasklist icon in your toolbar..So it can be attached to all your forms...then you create a tasklist form..
Clicking on the tasklist call the tasklist form..
Then instead of those mouse triggers you write the piece of code in the tasklist form on when-new-form-instance..or block instance..

Or for individual form..Create 1 button Show Tasklist..Clicking this open up tasklist window which you create as a stacked view..On the when-new-block instance of this tasklist you write the piece of code which i provided earlier for mouse-triggers..then exiting this window again you reset the cursor_style..Hope if it can help you..
Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #191728 is a reply to message #189363] Fri, 08 September 2006 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is your field marked as 'navigable'?

David

[Updated on: Fri, 08 September 2006 00:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #191840 is a reply to message #191728] Fri, 08 September 2006 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Yes Sir...the field is Navigable.
Is it anything like the when-mouse-enter and when-mouse-leave triggers are not valid in forms 10g?
Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #192132 is a reply to message #191840] Mon, 11 September 2006 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry, I should have asked whether the field is both keyboard naviagable and mouse navigable.

David
Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #192161 is a reply to message #192132] Mon, 11 September 2006 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orafan2003
Sir,
For the text-item, I observed that it had only keyboard Navigable and that is set to YES.
I didn;t find mouse navigable for the text-item. But for a button, I found that there are both keyboard and mouse navigable properties.
Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #192560 is a reply to message #192161] Tue, 12 September 2006 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
From the Oracle 9i Reference Manual

Fires when the mouse enters an item or canvas if one of the following events occurs:
- if attached to the form, when the mouse enters any canvas or item in the form
- if attached to a block, when the mouse enters any item in the block
- if attached to an item, when the mouse enters the item

At which level do you have your When-Mouse-Enter trigger defined?

David
Re: Hyperlink in forms [message #343809 is a reply to message #192560] Thu, 28 August 2008 04:14 Go to previous message
myclassic
djmartin wrote on Tue, 12 September 2006 20:47
From the Oracle 9i Reference Manual
Fires when the mouse enters an item or canvas if one of the following events occurs:
- if attached to the form, when the mouse enters any canvas or item in the form
- if attached to a block, when the mouse enters any item in the block
- if attached to an item, when the mouse enters the item

At which level do you have your When-Mouse-Enter trigger defined?

David

please just tell me either mouse-enter, mouse-leave trigger execute in oracle 10g or not???????????

and if it executes ....... How.....???? please make an fmb and upload...... simply displaying some message on mouse leave or on mouse enter triggers.....

because i have found only you.... who is advocating that these triggers execute..... remaing all people are negating it.

i am waiting for your positive responce.
Previous Topic: webutil
Next Topic: how to know the server name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:19:04 CDT 2024