Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » tns no listner error
tns no listner error [message #188838] Tue, 22 August 2006 00:51 Go to next message
sheharyararshad

hello
can any one plz help me out in one problem i have a database oracle 10g n windows xp platform ,i am trying to connect visual studio 2005 to oracle database through database wizard in visual studio 2005 while connecting it gives error in visual studio "ORA-12154:TNS:COULD NOT RESOLVE SERVICE NAME" .listner is started already.name of the database is "orcl".computer name is "shary".
configuration of listner file is

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: H:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = H:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
)

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
)
)
)

plz can nay one sort it out this problem i will be very thankfull.
take care
shary
Re: tns no listner error [message #188845 is a reply to message #188838] Tue, 22 August 2006 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chinni_00
Hi,

It would be better if you post your tnsnames.ora Contents also so that we can check Service Name from that

Regards
Prem
Re: tns no listner error [message #189481 is a reply to message #188845] Thu, 24 August 2006 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheharyararshad

hello
once again yes oracle database 10g is installed on oracle folder and developer is installed on developer folder separately but on the same drive.when i try to connect developer with database it gives error "TNS NO LSTNER UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERIVICE NAME".
so can u plz tell me the solution what can i do now in order to connect developer with database coz its giving me "TNS NO LSTNER UNABLE TO RESOLVE SERIVICE NAME".
plz tell me the complete procedure to solve the problem.
plz do the need full
take care bye
shary
Re: tns no listner error [message #190515 is a reply to message #189481] Thu, 31 August 2006 02:45 Go to previous message
aorehek
Post your TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA file. They are in $ORACLE_HOME$/network/admin directory.
Previous Topic: TNS:listener could not hand off client connection
Next Topic: naming methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:24:28 CDT 2024