Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Hide empty cells in query result
Hide empty cells in query result [message #188781] Mon, 21 August 2006 12:12 Go to next message
oranje
select hst_projectopportunity.projectopportunityid, hst_projectopportunity.updateddate,
hst_projectopportunity.updatedby, iba_employee.full_name, hst_projectopportunity.from_expectedtiming,
hst_projectopportunity.to_expectedtiming, hst_projectopportunity.dealprobability,
hst_projectopportunity.ubsdealprobability from hst_projectopportunity, iba_employee where
hst_projectopportunity.updatedby=iba_employee.employeeid and hst_projectopportunity.operation='I'
and TO_CHAR(HST_PROJECTOPPORTUNITY.UPDATEDDATE, 'yyyymm') = @VARIABLE ('from which date? eg.yyyymm')
UNION all
select hst_projectopportunity.projectopportunityid, hst_projectopportunity.updateddate,
hst_projectopportunity.updatedby, iba_employee.full_name, hst_projectopportunity.from_expectedtiming,
hst_projectopportunity.to_expectedtiming, hst_projectopportunity.dealprobability,
hst_projectopportunity.ubsdealprobability from hst_projectopportunity, iba_employee
where hst_projectopportunity.updatedby=iba_employee.employeeid and hst_projectopportunity.operation='U'
and TO_CHAR(HST_PROJECTOPPORTUNITY.UPDATEDDATE, 'yyyymm') = @VARIABLE ('to which date? eg.yyyymm')

I have some empty cells which I donot need to show. How do I hide empty cells/rows in the query result? Please help. I want to hide for:
hst_projectopportunity.from_expectedtiming
hst_projectopportunity.to_expectedtiming hst_projectopportunity.dealprobability
hst_projectopportunity.ubsdealprobability
Re: Hide empty cells in query result [message #188798 is a reply to message #188781] Mon, 21 August 2006 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
Hi,

BY using the nvl function may be ...

bye
Re: Hide empty cells in query result [message #188832 is a reply to message #188798] Mon, 21 August 2006 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
- remove them from the select-list??
- or, if you use sqlplus: "column from_expectedtiming noprint"
Re: Hide empty cells in query result [message #189150 is a reply to message #188832] Wed, 23 August 2006 07:02 Go to previous message
JSI2001
Quote:

How do I hide empty cells/rows in the query result?

I would guess that the OP is looking for
hst_projectopportunity.from_expectedtiming is not null
and hst_projectopportunity.to_expectedtiming is not null
and hst_projectopportunity.dealprobability is not null
and hst_projectopportunity.ubsdealprobability is not null

added on to the where clause of 1 other or both the queries

Jim

Previous Topic: ping ip in oracle
Next Topic: Strange query...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 18:10:16 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.43517 seconds