Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Needed Some suggestion On Performance --Oracle Trigger
Needed Some suggestion On Performance --Oracle Trigger [message #187834] Tue, 15 August 2006 22:37 Go to next message
rahul.priyadarshy
Hi All,

Actually i have the below requiremnet and on which i need some suggestion from you masters.

1 Data will come in a CLOB column into a table Say TEMP table. The insertion rate will be 400 to 500 rows /Minutes.Each rows CLOB column will be parsed and processed and data will go into various table and once data is parsed and processed that row should be deleted from the TEMP table.

Now my question is below...
1.Which implementation is robust and efficient.

Trigger will fire on insert on TEMP table and trigger code will do al the parsing and processing.then a scheduled Proc will delete the processed rows.

An Instead Of trigger will fire on a view of TEMP table and will do all the parsing and processing.

Regards

Rahul Priyadarshy
Re: Needed Some suggestion On Performance --Oracle Trigger [message #187836 is a reply to message #187834] Tue, 15 August 2006 22:43 Go to previous message
rleishman
The INSTEAD OF trigger will generate less UNDO and REDO - could be a consideration with CLOBs.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: Very Large Table to add Index
Next Topic: Tables with datatype 'LONG'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 10:55:09 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14660 seconds