Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Releasing SYSTEM TABLE SPACE to USERDATA,INDEX  () 1 Vote
Releasing SYSTEM TABLE SPACE to USERDATA,INDEX [message #186240] Mon, 07 August 2006 02:48 Go to next message
manicm
Hi All,

I have faced some issue in ORACLE database.
our application name is COS.
Working in HP-UX platfoem, ORACLE Version 8.0.1
requirement is
SYSTEM and TEMPORARY_DATA tablespaces how to re-allocate COS_DATA and COS_INDEX tablespace. Is there any possibilities have. Bez the SYSTEM and TEMP DATA have more tablespaces but COS_DATA and COS_INDEX not have suficiant tablespace.
please anyone know about this issue kind advice me.

thanks & regards
manicm
Re: Releasing SYSTEM TABLE SPACE to USERDATA,INDEX [message #186247 is a reply to message #186240] Mon, 07 August 2006 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
csharat

hi
just try this
add datafiles to cos_data & cos_index tablespaces ...
now you will hav more tablespace
Re: Releasing SYSTEM TABLE SPACE to USERDATA,INDEX [message #186254 is a reply to message #186247] Mon, 07 August 2006 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manicm
Hi,
Thanks for ur msg.
Our COS_DATA and COS_INDEX (tablespace) reach that Maximum capacity. But SYSTEM and TEMPORARY tablespace yet lotof memoryspace(in tablespace).our customer request is how to release the system tablespace to COS-DATA. can I do datafile to cos_datatablespace howlong it will take downtime. what are the benefits after I do this let me know about this.
(if u dont mine may I know some more from U)

thanks & regards
manicm
Re: Releasing SYSTEM TABLE SPACE to USERDATA,INDEX [message #186281 is a reply to message #186254] Mon, 07 August 2006 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
The previous posters suggestion was correct.
You want to either
1) Resize the datafiles for the COS_DATA and COS_INDEX tablespaces
or
2) Add new datafiles to the tablespaces
Re: Releasing SYSTEM TABLE SPACE to USERDATA,INDEX [message #186459 is a reply to message #186281] Tue, 08 August 2006 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manicm
Hi
I want to re-allocate the COS_DATA and COS_INDEX tablespace from SYSTEM tablespace and Temporary tablespaces. if u have any solution about this, how can i convert the datafile to tablespace. can u foreward to me for that procedure.(I am new this environment)

thanks& regards
mqanicm
icon11.gif  Re: Releasing SYSTEM TABLE SPACE to USERDATA,INDEX [message #186854 is a reply to message #186459] Wed, 09 August 2006 21:57 Go to previous message
lzfhope
Cool

what you want is unreasonable!
Try to resize the system and temp tablespace,then resize the coss
tablespace or add datafiles. follow this!
it looks like that you want a tool that can do what you want.Maybe it exists!
Previous Topic: DELETE hugh data from very big table
Next Topic: How to find a SQL query which is taking entire resources of an oracle database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:12:52 CDT 2024