Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Help Designing a Billion rows System
Help Designing a Billion rows System [message #185981] Fri, 04 August 2006 11:20 Go to next message
Diego Pafumi
Hello, I need to build a new system that will have a table that will keep data for 60 days (aprox. 1 billion rows). Once the data is there, more data will be loaded (aprox. 10M rows/day loading around 40 files with 40k rows each file).
The system needs to reject and report this new data whenever a duplicate value is found (90% of data is suppose to be valid; the other 10% is suppose to be duplicated). I also need to maintain this table with the latest 60 days of data.
What approach do you recommend?
I was planning to have a partitioned table per day (is it possible to have 60 partitions?), use a PK on those unique values, use external table (or SQL*Loader) to load the data and use the HINT APPEND to insert new data. Then use another process to drop old partitions and create a new one for today’s data.
I’m not very familiar with partitioned tables, so any example and help is appreciated.
What do you think about this approach?
Any other ideas?
Re: Help Designing a Billion rows System [message #186025 is a reply to message #185981] Fri, 04 August 2006 15:38 Go to previous message
http://asktom.oracle.com has many fine coding example.
Of course this will require that you actually read, think understand his examples.
Previous Topic: Upgrade 9i to 10g
Next Topic: CKPT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 23 03:26:47 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08746 seconds