Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » MYSTERY ORACLE MULTIPLE HOME
MYSTERY ORACLE MULTIPLE HOME [message #185609] Wed, 02 August 2006 10:47 Go to next message
faisal.ali@capita.co.uk
I have 2 oracle homes installed on my citrix server oracle 8i and oracle 9i using Oracle home selector I can switch to either database. Both client works fine and talks to backend database from citrix server. However citrix (thin) client always talk to on users machine always talk oracle 8i client even I have made 9i my primary home using oracle home selector. If I delete all TNS names from 8i client then I get TNS name incorrect message on client machine, no matter what I do my client always look for oracle 8i client and completely ignore 9i client. I have also created TNS_ADMIN environment variable pointing to oracle9i client on citrix server but still my client look oracle 8i client.

Can some body please help me and tell me what could be wrong in oracle client setup or system/environment variable.

Please your post reply ASAP.
Re: MYSTERY ORACLE MULTIPLE HOME [message #186134 is a reply to message #185609] Sun, 06 August 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmacdannald
The database you get will depend on the profile settings (ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, ...) when you log in to your citrix server and yes, the tnsnames.ora that user sees. Also which port you connect to and other things.
Re: MYSTERY ORACLE MULTIPLE HOME [message #186282 is a reply to message #186134] Mon, 07 August 2006 05:06 Go to previous message
faisal.ali@capita.co.uk
Thanks for your reply mate.... I have now resloved the issue....
Issue was happening becuase TNS_ADMIN entry only added to admin user profile ... I have added TNS_ADMN entry to all users.

Cheers
Previous Topic: Installation guide
Next Topic: How to limit the listener port that client can connect through tnsnames.ora?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:45:09 CDT 2024