Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES [message #184664] Thu, 27 July 2006 06:59 Go to next message
mariliaaguiar
Hi There !

I have a Linux Suse with Oracle 9i.

I would like that once I logged in the Operation System and if I try to log in Database through SQLPLUS, Oracle ask a password. So I put the parameter SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(none) in SQLNET.ORA.

Question 1: If I have 2 databases in the same machine, using the same SQLNET.ORA, does this parameter work for both? I tried to do that and can´t login as SYSDBA anymore. The error message is 'Insufficient Privileges'. I try to create a new password file, but it didn´t work. Any suggestions ?

Question 2: If somebody has a Operation System user, can just edit the SQLNET.ORA and then can enter in Oracle Database as SYSDBA without password ? How can I avoid this situation ?

Thanks in advance !

Re: SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES [message #184669 is a reply to message #184664] Thu, 27 July 2006 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
There is only one sqlnet.ora file for all databases. However, only users that belong to the "dba" group can connect without a password. So, you should be fine if you do not assign user accounts to dba.
Re: SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES [message #184679 is a reply to message #184669] Thu, 27 July 2006 07:45 Go to previous message
mariliaaguiar
But.. any machine that I log in as a user from DBA group of OS, even if I don´t have the password to log in, I can modify that parameter in SQLNET.ora and enter in the database, right ? It´s a security problem, isn´t it ?

Previous Topic: Server/client
Next Topic: configuring dedicated listeners
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:46:01 CDT 2024