Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » How to send the apps report output as an attached mail
icon2.gif  How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #183186] Wed, 19 July 2006 18:11 Go to next message
rameshbabupallapolu
Hi,

I have one requirement , i want to send a output of the report to a mail as attachment,

Please let me know how to do in oracle applications,

Is there any standard feature is there or we have to any customisation for that requirement.

Regards
Ramesh babu
Re: How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #183319 is a reply to message #183186] Thu, 20 July 2006 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
I don't know if there is a standard feature for this but what you can do is create a custom printer.
Instead of printing the report, you can send it by mail (calling the appropriate custom program)
Re: How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #183364 is a reply to message #183319] Thu, 20 July 2006 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rameshbabupallapolu
Hi,

Can you please explain, how to customise this email program.
Re: How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #183377 is a reply to message #183364] Thu, 20 July 2006 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
First, check that you are able to send mail form your database server to any company email address.
Next, simply create a program to send mail. That program should take the file name as parameter and attach that file to the mail.
For unix for example, uses sendmail, mailx, uuencode if needed.
The program should be able to work aside eBusiness Suite.
Then, create a special printer for email (define printer, type, format and driver). Use your custom program as argument line and pass your output file name.
Re: How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #183381 is a reply to message #183377] Thu, 20 July 2006 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rameshbabupallapolu
Hi,

Thanks for explanation, if you have any sample code and email printer setups please share to us.

Re: How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #183406 is a reply to message #183381] Thu, 20 July 2006 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Since you will still need to print your reports and probably not want to print it systematically, perhaps a better solution is to create a concurrent program which send log and output files for a given request id to email of the requestor (if the email is set on eBusiness Suite).
Re: How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #183416 is a reply to message #183406] Thu, 20 July 2006 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rameshbabupallapolu
Hi,

I can understand, can you please give me any sample code for sending email, like how to take output etc.

actually i did the mail program using mailx command.
but how to take the standard output file using request id and sending mails.

Please if you have any sample code plz share us.

Regards
Ramesh
Re: How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #183590 is a reply to message #183416] Fri, 21 July 2006 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
If you decide to use printers, then query some driver definitions.
Navigation:Install>Printer>Driver
You will see $PROFILES$.FILENAME in the arguments line - that's the output filename (including path).

If you are not using printers, then you can find the output file on FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS (OUTFILE_NAME column) since you have request id.

To send mails you could try something like
cat my_bodyfile > temp_file
uuencode my_outfile my_outfile >> temp_file
cat temp_file |mailx -s "My subject" -c name1@domain.com name2@domain.com
Re: How to send the apps report output as an attached mail [message #217448 is a reply to message #183186] Fri, 02 February 2007 04:55 Go to previous message
sitaram_apps
There are two methods to email the Report output in HTML, PDF or RTF format:

Method 1: Directly email the output
-------------
This is done by directing the email output to be directly sent via email without previewing it
in the Report Previewer,
This is achived by setting the following parameters:
DESTYPE: MAIL
DESFORMAT: PDF or HTML
DESNAME: Name of the email id i.e. jaburrub@ae.oracle.com
The result will be an email message with the output attached as the target format.

Method 2: Have a look at the output in the previewer before emailing it
---------------

Since the Reports Previewer formats the output in PS, you need to reformat (re-run)
the report again in the required format. In order to do so follow these steps :
- Add a button in the report layout editor.
- Label the button 'Email the Output'
- In the button PL/SQL use srw.run_report to call the same report again with the
following parameters:
DESTYPE: MAIL
DESFORMAT: PDF or HTML
DESNAME: Name of the email id i.e. jaburrub@ae.oracle.com
BATCH: Yes

regards
Sitaram Dandamudi
91-09850742351

[Updated on: Fri, 02 February 2007 05:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: iProcurement
Next Topic: order to cash - Accounting entries