Home » RDBMS Server » Security » test
test [message #177534] Thu, 15 June 2006 06:11 Go to next message
orausern
a
Re: test : a question on tracking [message #177537 is a reply to message #177534] Thu, 15 June 2006 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
--continuously getting message that your session expired..can you please help..also please see my question below
Hi Experts,

I have a very interesting issue on the above. The scenario is:

We have a web application with oracle as the data tier. All application users who log to the application use a common database account... (E.g. if the application has 60 users, (named m, n etc) when they connect to the database, at the database level the schema is only one (i.e. abc). So when user m connects then also the database user is abc and when n connects then also the database user is abc. (Ie. In the database the session is created with userid of “abc”)

Now we want to implement auditing and we need to track which application user has made what change. i.e. if user m changes a table emp and adds a record then in an audit table a row should be added WHICH HAS THE USER M. similarly if N does it then the row for user N has to be there. But how do we track the application user because at the database level we do not have application user at all!
(Oracle version 9.2.0.6)
--

A few solutions that occur to me but need to work out their details are: Is there a way like sys_context or Fine grain auditing for this? For example by creating a database wide logon trigger and using sys_context etc?

Shall be very thankful for your inputs..

Nirav

[Updated on: Thu, 15 June 2006 06:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: test : a question on tracking [message #177633 is a reply to message #177537] Thu, 15 June 2006 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If this is a true 'test' question then please ignore this response.

Have a look at the 'osuser' column in the v$session view.

David
Re: test [message #177716 is a reply to message #177534] Fri, 16 June 2006 03:41 Go to previous message
orausern
Thanks David. Just want to say that the osuser really does not help here because we have 80 application users in the db and we need to somehow get that db user and track. the app. user authorization is done only in the middle tier. in another forum this was suggested:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_thread/thread/39a8b0e28127a019/19c4697095e8ffe2?hl=en#19c4697095e8 ffe2

(to set a context by the application..but how the application can set a context i do not know)

again my thanks..

(No this is not test...)
Previous Topic: I loss my internal password what can i do
Next Topic: Grant privileges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:48:24 CDT 2024