Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Automated Startup/Shutdown for Multi Tier 11i Apps env?
Automated Startup/Shutdown for Multi Tier 11i Apps env? [message #175567] Fri, 02 June 2006 20:10 Go to next message
the_vinman
Looking for the best way to have automated startup/shutdown scripts for our multi tier 11i apps env. We have databases running on one server, applications tier on another. Someone with good Unix Scripting might be able to help. Want to run script from DB tier that would go to apps tier run the adstpal.sh scripts for each instance there and then once those complete return to db tier and shutdown databases and listeners.

Any ideas on how best to get this done?

thx
Vinman
Re: Automated Startup/Shutdown for Multi Tier 11i Apps env? [message #195424 is a reply to message #175567] Thu, 28 September 2006 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcarrdba
This script on OracleGiants may help you out.
Its a startup script for Oracle Application Server on Linux
http://www.oraclegiants.com/application-server-startup-script.htm
Re: Automated Startup/Shutdown for Multi Tier 11i Apps env? [message #195446 is a reply to message #195424] Thu, 28 September 2006 13:34 Go to previous message
andrew again
do a man on remsh, rexec, rsh

Just be aware of error handling - you want to trap failures in the remote command - not failures in executing remsh/rexec/rsh.

Many Oracle programs/commands can target remote installations so it's not always necessary to run the commands on the remote machine. You may also want to look at the Oracle Management Server (not sure of the current name) but it's probably not necessary.
Previous Topic: mod_plsql
Next Topic: Optimizing multiple concurrent sessions on Discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:53:57 CDT 2024