Home » Other » Marketplace » career advice please
icon4.gif  career advice please [message #169990] Mon, 01 May 2006 09:40 Go to next message
subhashgs
Hi,

I am Aug 2005 MBA(Finance & Systems )pass out . I worked for nearly 5 months as an end user using Account payables in a manufacturing concern, there i got interest on the oracle applications. My work is very much restricted to raising of invoices & expense reports and paying suppliers by writing cheques manually and have to do lot of other work because it was a traditional organisation. Many suggested me that my work as an end user will not be useful for a fast career and also suggested me to do full fledged course in apps functional.

I left that organisation and joined a institute and learned Apps functional for the last 2 1/2 months . Now i am ok with GL AP PURCHASING. I am looking for a techno functional career because i know oracle database and d2k also. Is it wise to take training in Apps technical also, for my situation.

Now my problem is how to approach the employers? how to get a initial break in the career.

How to prepare an effective resume for Oracle apps jobs.....

Please anybody help me and give me some consultants & trainers addresses in Hyderabad and Bangalore

please help me

regards,

SUBHASH
Re: career advice please [message #170121 is a reply to message #169990] Tue, 02 May 2006 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
subhash,

you can definately apply for the functional track as you have mba (fin). I just feel that it might help , if you can also get the OCP certification on development track(for forms 6i).

mastery of the oracle apps financial module should definately pave the way for a great career in that field..best luck.
Re: career advice please [message #170385 is a reply to message #170121] Wed, 03 May 2006 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subhashgs
Is there any ocp certification for apps functional modules?

thanks for ur reply ...niravshah

subhash
Re: career advice please [message #170388 is a reply to message #170385] Wed, 03 May 2006 09:29 Go to previous message
orausern
No, ocp is offered on 2 tracks: 1) application development track
2) Database administration track. there is none for apps func. track.

its details are at:
http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=39
Previous Topic: Oracle Consultants for Africa, UAE & Saudi
Next Topic: New administrative and development tool for Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 02:29:10 CDT 2024