Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Connection problem
Connection problem [message #167717] Sat, 15 April 2006 11:06 Go to next message
leo1
I've successfully installed Oracle 9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 and Oracle
Forms Developer and Forms Server 6i (Patch 2) on a stand-alone PC
running on Windows XP Pro but cannot connect to my Oracle databases via Developer's.They can work fine independently BUT when I try to connect through form6i it gives me an error
ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name
Now i have uninstalled both,and want to know,Can any one please please tell me what should I install first i.e. oracle form6i or oracle server 9i I am installing on the same PC. And after installation what changes should I made to make both the soft wares to communicate

Re: Connection problem [message #168625 is a reply to message #167717] Fri, 21 April 2006 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Install the database, install forms and then you should align the TNSNAMES.ORA files in both ORACLE_HOMEs. In the /network/admin subdirectory of your Developer installation you should add the correct entries to the TNSNAMES.ORA file there. The entries can be copied from your database's TNSNAMES.ORA. Search the board if it isn't clear. There are tons of similar threads on OraFAQ.

MHE

[Updated on: Fri, 21 April 2006 06:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connection problem [message #168720] Fri, 21 April 2006 15:21 Go to previous message
matthews
In fact this is my first exposure to windows 2003 clusters with oracle 10G failsafe.

I have mostly worked only on single oracle servers running 9i / 8i.

I understand that there is a virtual listener address which the Failsafe uses.

I know that listner works because there is a critical 24x7 application running thro it. I am worried to mess things there by experimenting on it.

As I told you I am able to logon to sqlplus/sqlplusw using sys as sysdba. but not a normal user.

What could be the issue.

do you think I need to create a windows user for OEM called system/sys. I dont think I am using the Active Directory for oracle net services. How can I be sure of that ?

Thanks a ton for your responses
Previous Topic: How to set dispatchers parameter
Next Topic: Oracle Net & Failsafe on Oracle 10G MS clusters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:59:59 CDT 2024