Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » "Please Insert Paper" Error message...
"Please Insert Paper" Error message... [message #167540] Thu, 13 April 2006 13:02 Go to next message
jcfjg
I have some experience with AS400 systems, but I can't seem to find help with this anywhere...

The problem we are having is with our new Epson LQ590 printer. Every time we print the AS400 print server pops up and says "Please Insert Paper". Of course, it is tractor fed, and all we do is click "OK" and it prints. If we print out a 10-page report, we have to click "OK" 10 times. We do not have any other problems with this printer and from everything we've read it is fully compatible. We have the updated drivers, and I've already gone through technical help with Epson.

I have gone through and made sure its set in the printer setup as "tractor fed", as well as in the AS400 printer setup.

Any sugestions?
Thanks,
Joshua

Re: "Please Insert Paper" Error message... [message #215494 is a reply to message #167540] Mon, 22 January 2007 09:30 Go to previous message
Teiva74
Hi,

Have you must change the default setting of your printer?

Could change the parameter emulation from ESC/P2 to IBM PPDS.

After this change , I don't have the message.

Good luck

Alain
Previous Topic: Oracle Transparent Gateway for DB2/400
Next Topic: Oracle 8i on a G5 machine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:28:04 CDT 2024