Home » Other » Marketplace » [OT] User-Defined string Functions Oracle PL/SQL
[OT] User-Defined string Functions Oracle PL/SQL [message #162652] Sun, 12 March 2006 21:16
Igor2004
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am pleased to offer, free of charge, the following string functions Oracle PL/SQL:

GETALLWORDS(): Inserts the words from a string into the table.
GETWORDCOUNT(): Counts the words in a string.
GETWORDNUM(): Returns a specified word from a string.
OCCURS(): Returns the number of times a character expression occurs within another character expression (including overlaps).
OCCURS2(): Returns the number of times a character expression occurs within another character expression (excluding overlaps).
PADC(): Returns a string from an expression, padded with spaces or characters to a specified length on the both sides.
STRTRAN(): Searches a character expression for occurrences of a second character expression, and then replaces each occurrence with a third character expression. Unlike a built-in function Replace, STRTRAN has three additional parameters.
STRFILTER(): Removes all characters from a string except those specified.
RAT(): Returns the numeric position of the last (rightmost) occurrence of a character string within another character string (including overlaps). The search performed by RAT() is case-sensitive. RAT similar to the PL/SQL function INSTR.
ATC(): Returns the beginning numeric position of the first occurrence of a character expression within another character expression, counting from the leftmost character (including overlaps). The search performed by ATC() is case-insensitive. ATC similar to the PL/SQL function INSTR.
RATC(): Returns the numeric position of the last (rightmost) occurrence of a character string within another character string (including overlaps). The search performed by RATC() is case-insensitive. RATC similar to the PL/SQL function INSTR.
AT2(): Returns the beginning numeric position of the first occurrence of a character expression within another character expression, counting from the leftmost character (excluding overlaps). The search performed by AT2() is case-sensitive. AT2 similar to the PL/SQL function INSTR.
REPLICATE(): Returns a character string that contains a specified character expression repeated a specified number of times.
ROMANTOARAB(): Returns the number equivalent of a specified character Roman numeral expression (from I to MMMCMXCIX).

Plus, there are versions for MS SQL SERVER, SYBASE ASA, DB2, MS SQL SERVER 2005 SQLCLR.

More than 8000 people have already downloaded my functions. I hope you will find them useful as well.

For more information about string UDFs Oracle PL/SQL please visit the
http://www.universalthread.com/wconnect/wc.dll?LevelExtreme~2,54,33,29233

Please, download the file
http://www.universalthread.com/wconnect/wc.dll?LevelExtreme~2,2,29233

With the best regards.
Previous Topic: Oracle Job Opening in Harrisonburg, Virginia USA
Next Topic: Urgently Required
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:32:52 CDT 2024