|US-NY, Rochester - 6 mo. contract, Oracle Design Analyst [message #159665]
||Mon, 20 February 2006 19:32
Registered: January 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
We have an immediate long-term contract opportunity available with our client in Rochester, NY. We are seeking an experienced Oracle 10g Design Analyst /Performance DBA. This will be an initial six-month contract that is likely to extend on for some time. Qualified candidates will have the following: |
• Oracle 10g experience required
• HP_UX servers required
• Extensive experience with SQL Tuning required
• Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager Tuning Pack required
• Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and SQL/XML scripting required
• Experience with Stored Procedure, Trigger, Package, View and Material View development required
• Experience working with very large data models (100’s of tables) required
• Experience with gathering and defining project data requirements required
• Experience with logical data model design required
In the Design Analyst role, the responsibilities would be to:
• Identify and define data needs. Conduct user interviews and requirements gathering sessions to ascertain data needs from business representatives.
• Develop data requirements at the level of detail and rigor needed to initiate the design of a solution.
• Evaluate alternative solutions to determine if business requirements are met and develop the ability to communicate implications.
• Create and maintain entity relationship diagrams for assigned sub systems, including the identification of data attributes, keys, and data constraints. Participating on the development team to integrate a new sub system into the enterprise model.
• Create and maintain function models for assigned sub systems including cross checking to data models.
• Conduct group presentations to propose models for user sign-off.
• The person must be self-directed and able to lead their self, but does not need to be a team lead
• Very good communication skills are essential (must be able to clearly speak, write, and understand English)
• Able to provide support - patient, able to listen and comprehend (but not afraid to question and push back)
• Able to work with managers and technical people
• Some who has worked in project setting (tasks, estimates, project schedules, status reporting)
• Able to work after hours & weekends
We can provide W2 with a full benefit package while working as a contractor through UBICS.
For consideration please send your Word or .rtf resume to email@example.com
Phone: 724 746 6001 x 218
800 441 0077 x 218
Fax: 724 743 4143