Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Creating new user?
Creating new user? [message #159377] Fri, 17 February 2006 21:25 Go to next message
adamjsawyer
Hi,

I need a little help creating a new user for my database. I want him to have reasonably free privileges, basically he should be able to do anything except sys op and sys dba stuff, within his own schema of course.

I tried making the user using Oracle Enterprise Manager, but it kept telling me there were conflicts or something with the priveleges and roles I was trying to grant him.

Can anyone tell me what roles/privileges I should grant? In the past I have used the developer scripts to make a repository owner and never needed to learn how to make a new user myself.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Adam
Re: Creating new user? [message #159465 is a reply to message #159377] Sun, 19 February 2006 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua
http://www.orafaq.com/faqdbase.htm

Read the above link and post back if you need more info.
Re: Creating new user? [message #159582 is a reply to message #159465] Mon, 20 February 2006 06:36 Go to previous message
adamjsawyer
There certainly is some interesting stuff there. I was thinking of some more information such as select priveleges and any extra roles to give the user. The idea is they can do anything except DBA stuff. There are so many roles and priveleges available I am a little daunted by what to do with them all.

Further along the line I may need to create an additional account to access the designer repository, but I think I'll leave that until I've mastered an ordinary user.

thx
adam
Previous Topic: Oracle secure views in PL/SQL
Next Topic: how to delete the users name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:22:27 CDT 2024