Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Synchronous working with HOST command  () 1 Vote
Synchronous working with HOST command [message #158022] Wed, 08 February 2006 01:35 Go to next message
karthikraj
When i use a HOST command and say i open a notepad program, then i would like to work on both the application (my own application and also the notepad) synchronously.
ie without closing the notepad, i should also be able to work on my own application.

Is it possible???
Re: Synchronous working with HOST command [message #158312 is a reply to message #158022] Thu, 09 February 2006 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I wonder whether you could do a 'Run_Product' that asynchronously runs another form that has the 'Host' command in the When-New-Form-Instance trigger and then closes quietly when the 'Notes' session is finished. Alternatively, use the 'Open_Form' to do the same thing (open a new form and run it). Depending on the version of Forms you are running, web_util.client_host may be a solution.

David
Re: Synchronous working with HOST command [message #158331 is a reply to message #158312] Thu, 09 February 2006 23:37 Go to previous message
ashishmate

Hi

you can try this code (form 6i)

DECLARE
AppID PLS_INTEGER;
BEGIN
AppID := DDE.App_Begin('notepad.exe',DDE.App_Mode_Maximized);
END;

see help of dde for more details

Hope this works for you Razz

ASHish......

Previous Topic: Problem with 10g Forms Database Access