Home » Server Options » Data Guard » archives are not applied on stand by database
archives are not applied on stand by database [message #157025] Mon, 30 January 2006 15:19 Go to next message
sivaprasadnandi

Hi,
Here is th eproblem with my stand by database.
i have three servers p04,p05 and q04.for p04 production i have configured p05 as local standby database and q04 as remote standby database.p04 and p05 are in synchronisation.but in q04,archives are receiving but not applying.I foound that there were some gaps in q04.we have rman backups for these environment.How to apply these archives to q04.Gaps are more in this and give the solutuion for this.
  • Attachment: P04.doc
    (Size: 25.00KB, Downloaded 1875 times)
Re: archives are not applied on stand by database [message #159496 is a reply to message #157025] Mon, 20 February 2006 01:03 Go to previous message
sharan alva
Hi,
Do the folloiwng, restore all the archived logs that were not applied or gaps on this server, then manually apply them

sql>startup nomount
sql>startup mount standby database
sql>recover standby database

This will ask you for the next sequence and will provide the path, if the logs are in that specific path hit enter and it should apply it and ask for the next, if there are several logs then hit auto ... Once all are applied, type cancel and then place it back in managed recovery mode.

The second alter native is to restore the logs and then register them on the standby .. see syntax in the doc and then start the managed recovery ..

- Sharan
Previous Topic: Error creating physical standby , 10g Rel2, Windows 2003
Next Topic: Change the size of Redo logs on Primary RAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:14:18 CDT 2024