Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Configuring iAS for Forms and Reports
Configuring iAS for Forms and Reports [message #154376] Sat, 07 January 2006 12:12 Go to next message
zeshanali76

Dear Ramesh It is especially for u.

Install application server and up it

Application Server 9i R2:
Infrastructure:
lsnrctl start
sqlplus
startup
truncate table ods.ods_process
exit
oidmon start
oidctl server=oidldapd instance=1 start

Applicaton Server: (dcmctl command must run from Appsrv Home)
webcachectl start
dcmctl start -ct ohs
dcmctl start -co OC4J_BI_Forms (Case Sensitive)
dcmctl -v getstate (Command will show u the OC4J_BI_Forms is running)

9i Rel 2 is up

Application Server 10g

lsnrctl start
sqlplus
startup
truncate table ods.ods_process;
exit
oidmon start
oidctl server=oidldapd instance=1 start
(truncate instance value everytime when starting oidctl if not truncated then gives error instance no is already in use)

AppSRv:
opmnctl startall (Oracle Process Manager and Notification will start all process with sequence)
if u want to start just selected process then

opmctl startproc ias-component=<component_name> process-type=<process-name>

opmnctl status command will show the status of server.

Now put the forms in $OH/forms90 folder and compile them make a config in $OH/forms90/server/formsweb.cfg e.g.

[sofware]
form=abc.fmx
separateframe=true
lookandfeel=generic

save the file and run ur form from explorer

http://<server-name>:7778/forms90/f90servlet?config=software

Now about reports:

put ur reports in %OH/reports/printers folder and call ur reports.

There will be issues also like hidding username/password from URL, disabling SSO in next sitting v will discuss that issues but tell me this help worked and should v start next step r not?

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh76@msn.com
Re: Configuring iAS for Forms and Reports [message #155073 is a reply to message #154376] Thu, 12 January 2006 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bender
Hi,

can you tell me how to install a Local Report Server (as a service)under Win XP. I'm using Oracle 10GR2.

Thanks for your help Razz
Re: Configuring iAS for Forms and Reports [message #155351 is a reply to message #155073] Sat, 14 January 2006 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeshanali76

To install new report server give the command on command prompt

c:>rwserver -install rep_<new_report_server_name>

rep_<computer_name> will existing report server name so do not user the existing report server name because it is already in user. and after installing new report server start the new report server with command

c:>net start rep_<new_report_server>

a popup will show on ur screen. but this report server will not start opmnctl because it is not registered with Oracle Process Manager and Notification. U have to start this report server manually everytime when u start the application server. if u want to register this report server with opmn then there is separate procedure to do this.

thanx

Zeeshna Ali Awan
zesh76@msn.com
Re: Configuring iAS for Forms and Reports [message #156384 is a reply to message #154376] Wed, 25 January 2006 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oralover
thanks alot for important material.

i have a problem that i cannot run Reports from the Form where i used WebUtil... why??
i have Forms / Reports 10g to create Client Side user interface.
thanks in advance.
Re: Configuring iAS for Forms and Reports [message #157159 is a reply to message #154376] Tue, 31 January 2006 11:38 Go to previous message
zeshanali76

My friend please forward me full senario who r u configuring and then what is the problem u r facing?

Take care

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh76@msn.com
Previous Topic: query a data from dbms_sql.varchar2_table
Next Topic: WebUtil and Reports - urgent help please (SOS)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:23:08 CDT 2024