Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Trigger Information
Trigger Information [message #1352] Wed, 24 April 2002 01:09 Go to next message
Amit
1)Can Two trigger operate on one column simaltenously
2)How to write Trigger to drop,create,alter table
Re: Trigger Information [message #1358 is a reply to message #1352] Wed, 24 April 2002 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Epe
Hello,

1) yes you can, but not twice the same type of trigger on the same column. I.e.: you can create an "after-update trigger" and a "before-update trigger" on the same column, but you can't create two different "after-update triggers" on one column (If you need to do this, just append the code of the second trigger in the first one). But you can create two "after-update triggers" on two different columns in one table (I suppose, 'cause I never tried).
2) you can execute dml and ddl statements from pl/sql code by using the dbms_sql package. More info on this package in the on-line Oracle Manuals on :
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/appdev.817/a76936/dbms_sql.htm#998100

Success,

epe
Re: Trigger Information [message #1362 is a reply to message #1358] Wed, 24 April 2002 07:27 Go to previous message
Joe
You can create up to 12 triggers on a particular table (one of each kind). According to my Oracle8 PL/SQL documentation, it can be any combination of types of triggers and seeing how there is no requirement of having more than one column in a table, and you are able to create more than one trigger of any type on a table, I am "assuming" that you can create multiple insert triggers.
Previous Topic: i want to know how can i go through page by page in oracle
Next Topic: Simple Sql Query...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:02:24 CDT 2024